~Chapter~12~Secret is Out~

last chapter for tonight! its almost midnight here in the mountains so enjoy it and VOTE! COMMENT! PLEASSE!!!!! i love you sll <3 :3

Hayle’s POV

I woke up to the smell of home; I opened my eyes slightly and sighed when I saw Derik’s sleeping face lying on my chest. I wanted to stay like this as long as I was able. And as if the goddess heard me and denied my request the blankets were thrown off of us making me squint at the sudden light.

“It is morning!” Sharon’s voice rang loudly making Derik cry out in surprise and untangle himself from me.

“what the hell are you two wearing?” she asked, I just glared at her not really happy that she disturbed us.

“wha?” Derik asked clearly confused, but soon realization came to him and he covered me with the blanket, rolling me in its warmth.

“wh har whew dophing?” I said in a muffled voice.

“im protecting your innocence from the slut!” he yelled.

I felt his weight lift off of me when Sharon screeched, “SLUT?”

“right, im the one sleeping in a crazy sex clothing!”

“its not sex clothing!” he yelled back.

“then what is it then?”

I had finally managed to unwrap myself from the blanket, and when I looked over I saw Sharon pinning Derik under her.

He looked up to me for help and I just chuckled before standing up and walking over to them casually.

Sharon saw my shadow and turned with fear in her eyes, “wha..?” was all she said before she screamed in mock horror when I picked her up effortlessly. She was thrashing in my arms reaching out to Derik yelling, “no! he must die for calling me a slut!” I dropped her on the pile that used to be the fort and she just sat there pouting now.

Derik jumped up, “yea! Boyfriend has stopped the wicked bitch of the west!”

I didn’t know what on Earth they were talking about, but it was amusing to watch.

“now children calm down and come and eat.” I turned to see Mary standing with a steaming pile of food in her hands. She looked so much healthier now that she was able to move around. She had taken a shower too so she didn’t look as sickly.

The two on the floor jumped up at the smell of the food, and they ran over and sat at the table. I walked over as well and sat, and what was placed there looked fluffy and golden with bits of dark specks in them, I eyed them curiously, and while I did Sharon knifed four right from the top and placed them on her plate, the next four were gone when Derik grabbed his.

He saw me looking at them with my head slightly tilted, “their chocolate chip pancakes, you can eat them.” He assured me, cutting a piece and holding out to my face. I gingerly took a bite from his outstretched fork and chewed the food, it was delicious, it was sweet and almost melted in my mouth.

I nodded my approval and he smiled before going back to his food. I grabbed my own little stack and began to eat, we ate in silence and when we were done we moved to the living room.

I felt Derik’s hand tighten around mine and I squeezed his back assuring him that it would be fine.

“alright, so I know you both have been wanting to ask a lot of questions, but I’m going to tell you what happened to me first before anything, and after if you still have questions I’ll answer them alright?”