Chapter 1. D-, Tutors, Raven Haired Boy, Oh My.

“Liam, please stay back, I’d like to speak with you.”

Liam looked up from his notebook, blinking. The bell rung and he hung back, packing his stuff slowly. 

“Oh, Zayn, I need to speak with you too.”

Liam shuffled over to his teacher’s desk, glancing at Zayn. His hair looks nice today, he thought, the corners of his mouth turning up.

“Mr. Payne?”

Liam blinked, looking over at his teacher. “Yes?” he asked, his quiet voice echoing through the empty classroom.

“You have been struggling in math, no?”

Liam blushed, looking at his feet. “Um, yes, a bit Mr. Tomlinson.” He mumbled, shifting his weight from foot to foot.

Mr. Tomlinson stood up, handing Liam a stack of papers. “These are your last tests. You haven’t scored anything above a D-.”

Liam took the papers slowly, his cheeks turning red. 

“Anyways,” Mr. Tomlinson continued, walking around his desk. “I’m going to have Zayn here tutor you for a bit, see if your grades go up, alright?” Liam nodded, not saying a word. “Zayn, is that alright with you?”

“Yeah, course.”

“Good. I want you two to go study tonight, for the test tomorrow.” Mr. Tomlinson shooed the two out of his classroom, closing his door behind him.

“He’s probably waiting for Mr. Styles,’ Zayn scoffed, smiling at Liam. “I don’t think we’ve formally introduced ourselves. I’m Zayn, Zayn Malik.” He held out his hand, looking at the brunette in front of him.

“Liam. Liam Payne,” Liam responded, shaking Zayn’s hand shyly. “Um. We can go to my house if you’d like,” Liam trailed off, looking down the hall. “I don’t think my mom will mind.”

Zayn nodded, re-adjusting his backpack. “Sounds good,” He replied cheerfully. “Don’t worry. I’ll make this fun.”

Liam smiled slightly and walked down the hall, glancing back at the raven-haired boy. “Well come on. I have to walk home.”