Chapter 4- Dissaprovement

Chapter 4

Liam walked slowly to school, deep in thought. He didn’t notice Zayn waiting for him until he actually bumped into him. “Oh hey,” Liam said, looking up.

“Hey Li,” Zayn said, giving him a smile. “Um I kinda wanted to talk to you. About yesterday?”

Liam glanced away, his cheeks turning a soft shade of pink. “yeah, me too,” He replied softly, avoiding Zayn’s gaze.

“Umm. I was wondering, if it…uh… meant anything to you,” Zayn mumbled, staring at his shoes.

Liam almost laughed, his eyes twinkling. “If you want it to be,” He said, walking ahead of his friend. Zayn grinned, trailing after him. “I’d quite like that,” Zayn chirped, slipping his arm around Liam’s waist. He pulled Liam close and laughed.

“What’s so funny?” Liam asked, looking up at Liam.

“The look on your moms face when she saw us yesterday,” Zayn replied, his eyes bright. “Her face was priceless.”

Liam laughed, his eyes turning into small crescents. “Thanks to you I have to keep my door open from now on,” He replied, adding a little skip to his walk every once in a while. “We better hurry up, otherwise we’ll be late for school,” Liam added, pulling away from Zayn. “Come on!” Zayn smiled and ran after Liam, laughing.

A few days later~

Liam lay on his back on his bed, watching Zayn who was on the floor underneath him, who was finishing his homework. He started playing with Zayn’s hair until Zayn slapped his hand away. “Almost done,” Zayn mumbled, looking up. Liam smiled, his eyes crinkling. Zayn grinned back. “you look so cute when you smile,” He said, reaching up and giving Liam a little kiss.

“Liam?”

Liam blinked, sitting up quickly. “Dad.” He said coldly, his voice quivering a little. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to say hello to my son,” The man said, an older version of Liam. “Who is he?” He added, pointing a finger in Zayn’s direction. “And what was he doing?”

Liam stood up, standing before Zayn. “his name is Zayn.” He took a breath, his eyes falling to the floor. He closed them for a second, before looking back up. “he’s my boyfriend.” His dad’s eyes glazed over, his hands clenching into fists. “And maybe if you were actually here when I grew up you wouldn’t be so god damn surprised,” Liam muttered, looking away.

“Liam, I forbid you to see him ever again, is that clear?”

Liam snapped his head up, his eyes wide. “You can’t tell me what to do! You left my us twelve years ago! Who give you a right to tell me what to do?!” He screamed, his hands clenched.

“Liam, calm down,” Liam felt a hand on his shoulder, the other on his lower arm. He turned to see Zayn beside him, who’s eyes betrayed some fear. He let out a whimper, burying his head in Zayn’s shoulder.

“get off of my son you devil!” Liam was yanked back, tumbling down onto the ground. “Get out! Get out of here!” Mr. Payne pushed Zayn harshly out the door, letting out a stream of cuss words. “You will never see that boy again you hear,” he continued, yanking Liam up by the collar of his shirt. “Look at me!” He growled, slapping Liam across the face. “Do you hear me?!”

Liam nodded numbly, rubbing the tears out of his eyes. “Yes sir,” He whimpered, twisting out of his dad’s grasp. “I come here to surprise you and this is what I get,” He heard his dad voice echo down the hall. Liam let out a choked sob, running his hand over his red cheek.

“Liam are you alright?”

Liam looked up to see his mom standing in the doorway, an armful full of groceries. “Liam what happened to your face?” His mother dropped the bags and took his face gently in his hands, her eyes wide with shock. “Did Gavin do this to you?” Liam nodded numbly at the sound of his father’s name. “He’s gone, don’t worry Liam, you won’t see him again.” She held her son at shoulder length. “Look at me Liam,” She lifted his chin up gently. “What happened?”

Liam’s eyes fell to the ground, and he sat down on his bed. “While you were out shopping, Zayn an’ I were just in my room. And dad- Gavin- he got into the house I don’t know how. He got mad, cause he never knew I was gay an all,” He trailed off, tears falling down his cheeks. “An’ then he pushed Zayn out the door. He told me I can’t see him anymore, an’, an’ then he hit me.” He felt his mom sit beside him and buried his head in her shoulder.

“Don’t listen to Gavin sweetie, everything’s okay,” Ms. Payne soothed. “Just rest, you have to go to school tomorrow.”