The New Watcher [Pearl]

TW: That one song. You know which one.

^-^

<Unknown_Entity joined the game>

<Xisuma> SERVER MEETING

<Xisuma> SHOPPING DISTRICT NETHER PORTAL

<RentheKing> My loyal subjects, gather

I looked up from the shulker monster, disturbed by the vibrations coming from my communicator. I lifted the screen to my face, the blue light illuminating my surroundings as night started to fall. Xisuma's panicked SERVER MEETING messages kept spamming the chat, along with Ren calling for his "subjects to gather."

The urgency in X's messages seemed to penetrate my mind, causing my entire system to react. I snatched up my elytra and rockets, jumping off the hanging platform Scar still hadn't terraformed. I scrape my knees slightly on impact, rolling past the portal slightly. Scar himself appears below the massive build, somehow not smashing his face into the ground in his panic.

I follow him through the nether tunnel system, grateful once again for Tango's numbering system. Hermits emerge from each of the tunnels, flying to the shopping district portal. For once, no one complained about the amount of procrastination that's happened with the portal.

Scar and I arrive at the tail-end of the group, scrambling to join the circle that's formed around the admin. Even Ren has stepped down from his facade of king to listen to the admin.

"Alright, I'm sure everyone knows about the unknown entity that joined the server. I'll be investigating it while everyone here sets up, I don't know, defenses. Just in case, you know?" Xisuma gave a half-hearted shrug, clearly concerned. The only "problem" was that there was no way we'd ever let him do it alone.

"X, you've got to be out of your mind," Impulse declared.

"What do you mean?" he asked, baffled and in the middle of taking out his rockets.

"There's no way we're staying here and waiting for you to figure out what that thing is. We're coming, whether you like it or not."

"Guys, come on! You know it's not safe!"

"Danger is my middle name!" screams Zedaph before Tango manages to suppress him.

"Oh my goodness," the admin sighed, facepalming.

"AWESOME!!!" scream Grian, rocketing ahead. "Come on, Pearl! Let's go check it out!"

"I'm right behind you, G!" I call back, ignoring Xisuma's protests. Something about going as a group.

Grian and I circle and land on top of Scar's tree, looking at the shape at spawn. Their long black cloak obscured much of their form, although Grian and I recognized it immediately.

"Dude, is that a Watcher?" I asked.

"Yup. Is it dead? It's not moving," he replied, perplexed.

"I dare you to poke it."

"What? You poke it!"

"No way!"

"Ok, let's poke him together."

<Xisuma> Pearl and Grian, get back here!

I giggled at X's message as we glided down to the mysterious shape. We were barely 10 blocks away when it turned around.

"OH MY NOTCH!!!" we scream. "IT'S RICK ASTLEY!"

And that's when the music started.

^-^

I blame EvolvedGlitch for this.

This is your fault and mine.

But I don't want to admit that.