𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

The elevator dings as I opens and we step out onto rooftop where everything is going to take place

I'm a nervous wreck and feel like I'm about to pass my pants. And we definitely wouldn't want that.

Amani is officially meeting my parents as my girlfriend. I don't know if she remembers them from when we were teenagers. I mean she only saw them a few times, I wouldn't be hurt if she didn't remember them.

I realise its bad timing, that for the past few months I haven't gone to see my parents but I've just been so busy with Amani, Silas and work that I never made time to see them which was bad on my side and I can't blame them because they tried until they didn't when I kept on postponing.

They know what's going to happen tonight and they're going to take care of Silas for the night so Amani and I can have the night to ourselves.

I have many things planned for her but first I need to get this proposal done.

My parents look up to the sound of our footsteps and smile at us.

Amani looks back to me, eyes wide, looking nervous.

"Amani, my love, it's so good to see you again!" My mom says running up to Amani.

"Hi Mrs Azura, it's lovely to see you again." Amani greets politely.

"What did I always tell you to call me?" She scolds and I snicker.

"Sorry Diana."

"It's okay. I'm only teasing. But my God you have grown to a much more beautiful young women. You look outstanding my love. I'm glad to finally see you two together. Even if it only took twelve years." Mom says.

"Mom!" I scold.

"Don't Mom me. You know I'm right." She says and Amani laughs.

A throat clears and we all look to my dad. "Don't forget I'm here too."

"Hi Mr- Aaron, good to see you again." Amani greets as my dad pulls her in for a hug.

"It's good to see you too sweetheart." He smiles down at her.

"Now how's my little grandson. We haven't seen him in months." Mom says as she tickles Silas side making him giggle.

Handing him over to her, she gladly takes him. "He's doing really well. Nothing to complain about."

We each take our seats, Amani next to me and my parents across from us. Silas on my dad's lap.

. . .

"Where'd your parents and Silas go?" Amani asks once she comes back from the bathroom.

"The chef offered them taste test a few of the desserts since their old friends and haven't seen each other in a few years." I explain.

"Oh okay." She says sitting down next to me, scooching the chair until it right next to me and laying her head on my chest. Smiling, I press a kiss to her temple as I wrap my arms around her waist.

"I love you and thank you for tonight. I had a great time." She says.

"No problem baby. I love you."

I take this as my chance to finally do it.

"Come on." I say letting go of her and standing up. She grabs my hand and stands up while I hold Silas on my hip.

I walk her around the corner and she gasps when she sees roses in a shape of a heart.

"It's so pretty." She smiles up at me.

"Definitely not as pretty as you." I compliment as she smiles, looking down to her feet.

Guiding her to the center of the heart, she stares at the view of the city from up here and I move behind her, Amani still oblivious. Taking a deep breath I place Silas on the floor and then get on my one knee.

I hold him with one hand while the other takes out the velvet box. Opening it, I hold it up while I guide one of Silas' hands to hold the box as well just as Amani says my name. "Alessio?"

Turning around, she looks down to me and gasps, hands covering her mouth in shock. 

I release a shaky breath, "Love is more than words in a sentence and my love for you is more than love. From the day I met you I've never wanted to spend another day without.

You motivate me to be better, to be more of me and not worry about the small things and to experience life to its fullest. I am a better man because of you. I better friend because of you and a better father because of you.

You at my other half, my best friend and my soulmate. I love you with every beat of my heart and it continues to grow every single day. As amazing as this day and our wedding day will be, I'm most excited for is the days following. The days we get to spend even more together, the life we'llbuild, the adventures we'll create and the lifetime of happiness we will share with one another.

I promise to always try, to always experience new and exciting things together, to go on explorations, to never stop impressing you, to always be faithful to you and always be there for you. I promise to inspire you the way you have always inspired me, to life you up when you fall to your knees, to kiss your cheeks when they are stained with the tears of hardships and  the tears of happiness.

I promise to be the best husband I can be and I promise to love you with everything I have.

Will you promise to be my wife for eternity?" I say not taking a long time because I just want to kiss the fuck out of her.

"Yes, I promise." She says as a tear runs down her cheek.

Kneeling before me, she smashes her lips onto mine but before the kiss can go anywhere else, Silas disrupts us.

Pulling back we look down to him just as he takes his first steps towards Amani. "Ma-ma" he cries.

Gasping, she looks to me in shock once again. "Am I hearing right?"

"Yeah baby you are." I smile at her, laughing.

She picks him up and I take the ring out the box since he seems to also be infatuated with the box as well.

Gently grabbing Amani's left hand, I slide the ring onto her ring finger.

A perfect fit.

"I love you Amani." I whisper against her lips.

"And I love you Alessio."