Hogwarts Letter

A/n~ Changing up their ages for reasons of mature themes. First year, Draco and Serena are 16. Enjoy!

(Edited A/n~) I changed this story to take place in Year 3. Still the same age tho. First Year, Draco and Serena are 14. Second Year, 15.

~First Year~

Serena races downstairs when she hears the door close. Reaching the last step, she spots her father holding the letter for Hogwarts.

"Did I get in, Father?" She excitedly asks, her father smirks as he hands Serena the letter.

Serena opens it and finds the letter of acceptance, making her smile and squeal.

"I got in, Father! I'm going to Hogwarts." She laughed as she embraced her father.

"Yes, head up to bed. I want you up bright and early so we can go get your school supplies at Diagon Alley." Severus says, making Serena laugh and nod.

She races up to her bedroom where she changes into her pajamas, burshes her teeth and jumps into the covers. She turned off her bed-side lamp and was soon sunken into her sleep.

~*~

Arriving at Diagon Alley, Serena looks at all the stores and makes a reminder to visit Hogsmeade this year for some jelly slugs and chocolate frogs.

"Alright, where do we go to first, my dear?" Severus says, making Serena look down at her list.

"I need some books, quills and ink, a cauldron, and a wand." Serena reads before gasping. "It says that I can bring a pet, too. An owl, a cat or a toad. Can I get one, Father?"

"Leave your pet to me, let's get to the bookshop." Severus says as he walks to the store, Serena in tow.

~*~

After getting her books, quills and ink, they headed to Olivander's wanting to get Serena's wand.

They walk into the store, seeing all the different kinds of wands stacked up with each other.

"Mr. Olivander." Serena softly calls out, he slides into view on his ladder, making Serena softly gasp.

Olivander smiles, "Ah, Miss Snape. I was wondering when I would be seeing you. Let's look for a wand, eh?"

Serena smiles as the older man starts looking through the shelves with her father. Finding one, Olivander pulls out a Red-Wood wand while Severus spots a Black Oak-Wood wand.

"Here we are. Try this one." Olivander hands the Red-Wood wand to Serena who takes it in her right hand.

She looks it over before giving it a wave, causing a vase to be thrown across the room nearly missing Severus' head.

"No, definitely not." Olivander says as he continues to look, Serena sets the wand down on the counter.

"Mr. Olivander?" Severus calls, making the older man turn to him. "What about that one?" He points to the box, Olivander walks over and pulls it out.

He stops for a moment and thinks.

Is this really the one? I don't think she'll like the meaning behind it, if it is.