28. Hum Nashe Main Toh Nahi

𝑻𝒆𝒓𝒊 𝒂𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒒𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒉𝒖𝒊 𝑯𝒂𝒊 𝒎𝒖𝒋𝒉𝒌𝒐
𝑻𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒊𝒏 𝒈𝒖𝒛𝒂𝒓 𝒃𝒂𝒔𝒂𝒓 𝒎𝒆𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒚𝒊 𝒅𝒊𝒌𝒌𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒊𝒏

𝑻𝒆𝒓𝒊 𝒂𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒒𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒉𝒖𝒊 𝑯𝒂𝒊 𝒎𝒖𝒋𝒉𝒌𝒐 𝑻𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒊𝒏 𝒈𝒖𝒛𝒂𝒓 𝒃𝒂𝒔𝒂𝒓 𝒎𝒆𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒚𝒊 𝒅𝒊𝒌𝒌𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒊𝒏

The shrill sound of the whistleq echoed in the empty volleyball ground. I take that as my cue and toss the ball into the air before striking it with clasped palms. It flies across the net towards Raees who strikes with a hint of clumsiness. Unfortunately, I had to rush forward the net to hit but I was a second late and the ball landed on the ground.

Maaz whistles again but not with the intention of announcing a score. "Ghatiya shot the wo, Raees."

"Excuse me? I won a point, Mr." She retorts.

"The wrong way." Maaz points out.

"What do you mean the wrong way? I scored a point and that should be all that matters."

"Nahi. More than winning, it matters how you win. It has to be fair---"

"Maaz Quadri is cheating, everybody." Raees spins about her place and announces as though we have an audience.

"How am I cheating?" He demands.

"You're being biased."

"I am very fair."

"But you're not lovely." I chuckle at her words, shaking my head at these two. Ambling over to the side, I sit on the ground by my bag and pull out my water bottle, enjoying their banter. Not bothering to intervene and waste my energy on them because I know when they're quarreling, they don't listen to anyone.

"Of course, I'm not lovely. I'm handsome." When Raeesa snorts in response, Maaz arched a brow at her. "Don't believe me? Let's ask Suraiya." He offered.

"Uss makeup ki dukan ko har koi handsome dikhta. You're no special to her."

"How about Tania?"

"She talks to you only because you're a good student with nice grades."

"I also help her out with things, you know." Maaz admits, earning a scoff in return. "Library mein. . .after college. . .hum dono. . . ek saath. . ."

"Ek saath. . .?"

"Study karte."

"Oooohhh??" She crossed her arms at her chest. "Then, I should also tell you about my after-college sessions with Sikander, no?"

Oh, no.

I curse silently, watching the playful smile on MaaZah's face vanish into thin air and in its place a very, very deep frown took place.

"Raees, tu-" I try to cut her off but she just loved pushing his buttons.

"Your phone," He demands, extending his hand towards her.