27. Gehraiyaan

𝑳𝒆 𝒋𝒂𝒂𝒚𝒆 𝒚𝒆𝒉 𝒍𝒆𝒉𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒖𝒎𝒆𝒊𝒏
𝑯𝒖𝒎 𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒖𝒎 𝒓𝒆𝒉 𝒏𝒂 𝒔𝒂𝒌𝒆

𝑳𝒆 𝒋𝒂𝒂𝒚𝒆 𝒚𝒆𝒉 𝒍𝒆𝒉𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒖𝒎𝒆𝒊𝒏 𝑯𝒖𝒎 𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒖𝒎 𝒓𝒆𝒉 𝒏𝒂 𝒔𝒂𝒌𝒆

After stepping down from the vehicle, I shut the back door behind me. Padding around, I wave Raeesa and Maaz a farewell. With the windows rolled down, Raees shoots me a wink and teases my while Maaz resorts to a smile. Taking a step backward, I watch as he puts the car into drive and they speed off, disappearing down the road packed with traffic.

Spinning on my heel, I suck in a deep breath gazing at the glass building in front of me. Imran's workplace it was. My hands slide into my bag to fish out my phone so I could call him, and probably ask him to come downstairs and meet me.

But, that would be weird, no?

Me ordering him to come down leaving work behind just because I have decided to grace him with a surprise appearance. That would be very selfish of me, and Imran would be. . .shocked? Pissed?

I couldn't really tell. Because after last night, I didn't know how to react to anything anymore. Or the kind of reaction to expect from him.

I've easily read a thousand books where the man takes off the next morning after having sex with the girl. Leaving her to wake up to an empty bed, with her clothes laying somewhere in the room. I've also read how they feel at that moment. Used. Heartbroken. Confused.

My mind took me back to Imran's face that was resting on my torso as he drifted into sleep. I thought I saw him the happiest on the day we got married. But he proved me wrong. Last night, the smile never left his face even as he slept. Does he feel the same now?

I hadn't even called to check up on him the entire day today. Yet here I am in the parking lot of his office building, leaning against his Kaali and claiming possession.

Would he even talk to me after I left him without a word?

Should I just go home and meet him in our room?

Was this all just a bad idea?

Imran was never the one to throw tantrums and pull a scene. But after last night, I had no clue as to what changed. Except for our virginity status.

Taking a final look around, I decide that I will just go home and-

"Maryam?" I froze at his voice that called my name and slowly twirled around to face him. And, oh, he was wearing my sky blue favorite shirt.

"Hi," I breathe, trying to put on a smile to mask my nerves.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, looking amused more than confused.

That was a good sigh. Atleast he is not angry. Or so I thought.

"I was, uhhh, I was passing by on the way home from college. Actually, I shouldn't call it passing by, because Maaz and Raees were with me. More like I was with them. And then I suddenly remembered you work here, in this very building. So, I thought I should stop and-"