The Opening Night

Emelie's POV:

"Emelie Dyer, please explain your relationship with Margo Watson to the court" she said, as i fiddled with my hands. The memory of her finding Blair and i under the bleachers after school kept on resurfacing, and i closed my eyes. I've been trying to put everything i remember about Margo in the past. Because it's not very fond memories. I never really liked her, but i don't want my feelings towards her to make the court think i had a motive of some sort. 

Blair and i had turned the bleachers outside on the football field, our make out hideout for months. At first, i just wanted to try something. But i didn't think an experiment of my sexuality would lead to actual emotions towards Blair. Emotions i had never felt before towards Griffin. Emotions i had been convinced all my life, were suppose to be towards men. I love the way i feel when i kiss Blair, and i love how it was our little secret under the bleachers. I had already told Blair i wasn't ready to publicize how i felt towards her yet. Not to my parents, and not even to Cleo, or the school. Facing Griffin about this was the scariest thing of all. 

I loved how secluded i felt with Blair under the bleachers, in a way.. that was my closet. And Blair never pressured me to come out, until i was ready. Which i appreciated. It felt good to know the emotions that were growing between us didn't completely erase our friendship. It was terrifying discovering these new things about myself. But i felt comfortable, taking my time. It wasn't until one day under the bleachers, Margo caught us. Ear buds in her ears, mouth open slightly in shock, bag hanging on her shoulder, and feet stopped in there tracks. 

My heart was pounding to say the least, and all i can remember is the look on Blair's face. Somehow she knew that sense someone caught us, this was the last time i was ever going to kiss her. The last time i was ever going to be true to myself but only in front of her. This was the moment she was dreading the most, the moment we got caught and i would be too afraid to keep up our secret routine. I wanted to reassure her, to tell her there was no one else i would rather kiss and spend time with, only her. But i couldn't get the look of Margo's face off of my mind. I ran after her, as she looked away and started picking up speed down the sidewalk of the school. "Margo wait!" i screamed, running after her, as she placed one of her ear buds back in before turning to face me. 

"Please, please don't tell anyone. I haven't even told Griffin yet, and i sure as hell can't have something like this get to Cleo" i said, as she looked at me concerned. "Emelie, oh my gosh! i would never. I'm sorry i didn't mean to intrude or make you feel unsafe. I was just trying to take a short cut to my house, only a couple blocks away. But i won't come this way anymore." she said, as i appreciated that. "Promise me you won't say anything" i said, as she nodded. "Of course, i promise, it's not my business or my place" she said, as i smiled. "Thank you Margo" i said, as she smiled, taking my hand and giving it a squeeze. "Don't worry" she said, as she walked off, placing her other ear bud in and continuing down the sidewalk and grabbing her bike from the bike stands. 

"Emelie, i am so sorry, gosh this was stupid, and i just shouldn't of-" Blair started and i walked over to her grabbing her shoulders. "Hey, it's okay! Margo's not gonna say anything, she promised. We're gonna be okay" i said, as she seemed nervous, panicking a little bit. As i hugged her, "we're gonna be okay" i whispered, as she nodded. I wish i was right. 

the next day, a photo started spreading around the entire school of Blair and i kissing under the bleachers. I found out about this photo during science class, as it was getting airdropped to everyone in class, and Cleo scooted over to me. "Em.. is this you and Blair?" she asked, as she showed me her phone and my heart was pounding. I wanted to shake my head, to tell Cleo she should be ashamed of herself to think that was Blair and me. But i froze. My worst nightmare was being publicized for everyone to see and my hands were shaking.