𝘈 𝘗𝘖𝘗 𝘪𝘯 𝘔𝘺 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵

(Some background info) This is an AU where Childe is a popstar , and Zhongli is attending his concert . 

PS I started crying while writing this chapter bc of how absolutely adorable I made it. I WANT WHAT THEY HAVE SO BADLYYY)(Yeah forget the edit i made here it never existed)

Zhongli sat in his office peacefully working on business files. He sighed in boredom, as any other boss or high-ranking official would with so much work on their hands. His hands cramped from the rigorous typing he did constantly. off in the corner of his desk.

"Must be a work call.." Zhongli thought to himself, picking it up to observe the contact name.

To his surprise, this was no work call, quite the opposite indeed.

The name CHILDE was displayed across the phone screen, it had a single red heart emoji sitting next to it naturally.

"Finally... I was starting to think the show was about to get canceled last minute." Zhongli speculated, relieved at the thought that his husband was calling instead of another company manager complaining about anything and everything.

He accepted the call quickly, starting with a simple, "Hello?"

"Hey, babe! The concert is rescheduled for eight PM instead of six PM! Are you gonna be able to make it ?!" Ajax yelled, having to be loud due to the loud background noise.

Zhongli quickly broke the tension between his phone and his ear, the screams worsening the headache he had already been enduring for hours.

"Hm...You're cutting it close, but I'll be sure to try my best dear." Zhongli warned his partner.

"WHAT WAS THAT?? SORRY, I CAN'T HEAR YOU RIGHT NOW!!" Childe's howls resembled that of a speaker, receiving a knock from Ninnguang's office next door as Zhongli's signal to make Childe shut up.

Zhongli hung up the phone, shopping on messages.

You (Zhongli)

"I'll be there for sure, you can count on it."

CHILDE ❤

"Ok!"

"Can u apologize to Ninnguang for me?"

"I know she hates how loud I can be"

You (Zhongli)

"She doesn't hate you"

"She just prefers the quiet much rather than her co-bosses noisy husband."

CHILDE ❤

"Haha so funny"

"Anyways"

"Can't wait to see you tonight!

"Love u <333"

You (Zhongli)

"I love you as well my star"

A small chuckle was released by Zhongli as he finished his conversation with his mate. Not long after a look of disappointment when he realized that it was still only five o'clock. And on that note he got back to work, typing away on his computer yet again.