Chapter 8

"DAD!" Lilly cried out, rushing to her father's side. Larry clutched his chest tightly, yelping in pain as he collapsed onto the floor.

Lee said the first thing that came to mind, "Was he the one bitten?!"

"No! Don't be crazy!" Lilly replied, "It's his heart!"

"My pills…" Larry requested weakly.

Katjaa stepped forward, "Uh-um… Nitroglycerin pills?"

Lilly pleaded, "Yes. We're out. We've been trying to get into the pharmacy since we got here! Please, try to get in there! Behind the counter, where the pills are!"

"We'll get in there somehow." Lee said reassuringly.

"Thank you so much. We need nitroglycerin pills. Please get in there. I'll keep an eye on my dad."

Kenny stepped up the plate, taking charge, "Everyone else should get comfy and look for anything useful. We could be in here a while."

"I'm starting to think this drugstore isn't a permanent solution." Glenn agreed.

"You're right, this ain't exactly Fort Knox."

Lee questioned Glenn, "What do you suggest?"

"We need as much gas as possible so we can all get out of downtown Macon. Fast." Glenn began, "There's a motel not too far from here, out towards the end of Peachtree. I'll work my way towards it and then loop back, siphoning what I can."

"You're insane."

"Well, it's gotta get done. Plus, I'm quick and I know Macon."

"Local?"

"Born and raised."

"If you're going to do that, here's a walkie-talkie if you get in a tight spot. Hopefully you won't need it." Lee said, handing him the talkie that he had found in Clementine's house.

"Cool."

"Clementine's got the other one. Check in with her and get back here as soon as you can."

Glenn nodded, pocketing the talkie.

Kenny spoke, still in 'leader mode', "And, you, what's your name?"

"It's Lilly. My dad's Larry."

"Keep a good eye on him. These boys will work on getting you your medicine."

"That's right." Lee supported.

"And you, you keep an eye on that front door. You're our lookout." Kenny continued, gesturing towards the man at the door.

"It's Doug, you got it."

"And I'm Carley." She said, standing behind Doug.

"Ok, Carley, you'll shift in with Doug when he needs it. For now, get some rest – you're a good shot and I'd like to keep it that way." Kenny advised.

Carley nodded, 'You got it boss."

Lilly narrowed her eyes, obviously in distaste of Kenny taking charge of the group while Kenny continued issuing orders.

"Now get him those pills." He concluded, before the group set off to do their own thing in the building.

Lee walked past a group of shelves in back, examining the place. He noticed an ATM. It's not damaged; I'm glad this place didn't get looted. He thought silently to himself. To the right of the ATM, he spotted a lone energy bar on the floor. He bent down and picked it up, before strolling towards Clementine who was sitting on a crate with her walkie-talkie.