CHAPTER SIXTEEN | nolan

I hadn't been able to find a place that had accommodations for Lady and Belle. I was so irritated with hearing 'no, I am sorry.' I thought about just camping out in the middle of a public park or something, anything. It was already bedtime and I was getting cranky. Poor Aislin was being such a good sport, but I could sense she was finally ready to hit the sack

I was just turning around to leave the last potential motel, when I felt a light hand on my shoulder. Keeping my body aimed away from the door, I turned my head back around to face the young woman I had just spoken to. Her shy smile accentuated her flushed cheeks, as she blushed. Or maybe it was just my imagination. Her amber eyes glistened in the dark and I saw she want to say something, but wasn't quite sure how to begin, or possibly debating whether to say anything at all.

"Yes?" I said, speaking up. I didn't want to seem rude, but I really didn't have time for waiting games.

"I know of a place that is unoccupied tonight and would have room for your horses. And being that it is so late, I don't think they would charge you anything." Her voice was barely a whisper. Almost as if she wasn't even suppose to be mentioning any of it. But at this rate, it was the best news I had heard yet.

"Where is it?" I asked, hope filling my voice.

"It's about ten kilometers. I would say about an hours ride, maybe less. Just stay on Istanbul Boulevard, heading northeast. Look for signs pointing you to Mecidiyeko Sk. The resort is Şeker Kamp, but it is a tree house you will be looking for. You can't miss it. Tell them you are guests of the Aksoy family." She reached over to a small table behind her and grabbed a set of keys. Turning, she handed them to me, as I raised a skeptical eyebrow at her. "Go ahead. Take them. Just leave them inside the bench outside the front door."

"Thank you." I said, slowly reaching for the keys she was dangling in front of me.

"Don't worry about it." She answered, winking at me. I didn't know if she had seen Aislin and just thought she was my sister or what, but I wasn't about to spoil my chances at a good nights sleep, so I just gave her my charming smile, knowing she would swoon, and she did.

Jogging back to where Aislin was waiting for me, I saw her own eyes flaming blue with curiosity. Was she jealous? I wondered, as my ego inflated a little bit. Ignoring the expression on her face, I didn't want to have to explain the whole thing. I dangled the keys in front of her for her to see. For a second, that seemed to satisfy her curiosity. But as soon as we started traveling, I knew I was going to be hammered with questions.

"That's awesome!" She exclaimed, almost a little too excited, as Belle swung her head high and flicked her ears back to listen to Aislin. "Where is it? I am so tired, I could fall over sleeping."

I grimaced at her enthusiasm, knowing there was more traveling to do. The only upside I could think of was the privacy and it was free. That alone and the fact that it meant a place to keep Lady and Belle for the night, made up for the extra travel. It wouldn't be so bad come morning. Just another hours ride back into town to catch the ferry, to cross the Sea of Marmara, and then on our way to Pamukkale to find Aeneas. I sure hoped the strange mysterious being was correct in it information about Aeneas knowing where to find Destiny.

Aislin saw me grimace. It was kind of inevitable, since I wasn't looking forward to traveling another hour myself. I ignored her and climbed onto Lady's back. My butt was so sore, I gingerly lowered myself into the saddle. I had to fight for all the strength I could because my legs felt like fresh jello that had not been refrigerated yet.

"Where is it, Nolan? How much longer? I don't know if I can even make it another hour." I wanted to duck tape her mouth shut. The problem was, I knew she was telling the truth, and I hated to drag her another hours worth along just so we would have a decent place to sleep tonight. I could see her eyelids fight to stay open.