Nineteen

It felt so hot when I woke up. An uncomfortable amount of hot. When I went to move away from the heat I couldn't. Peaking out of my eyes I was met by dark hair. Opening my eyes wider and looking down. Jason was wrapped around me. Legs threaded through mine and his head rested on my chest. His arm was slung over me as well. What in the actual hell? I untangled my legs from his and then lifted his arm. Slowly sliding out from underneath him. He sighed as his head started to slip off me.

"Good grief you sleep hard." I whispered as I gently moved his head onto the pillow next to me. Finally free of him. I took my things into the bathroom and started the shower. Locking the door before I got in. Hurrying through the shower and just braiding my hair back. I packed up all my things before I headed back out. The bed was empty when I came out and Dottie was gone too. Laying the nightgown over the chair in front of the vanity. I went to make the bed and Jason came back in with his bag.

"I'm going to shower really quick. Dottie's outside with Evan." He said as I tucked in the sheets.

"Ok." I had just pulled the comforter over when he turned back to look at me.

"By the way." He started and I looked back at him. "I don't sleep that hard." My mouth dropped and he chuckled as he shut the door.

"If I find out I can pull that bed out downstairs. You're getting your ass kicked." I called out to him. His laughter continued as I grabbed my bag and headed out of the room. Once I was downstairs and I put my bag by the door. I went directly to the pull out to test it. With one light pull it popped out. "That son of a bitch."

"I take it him sleeping in your room last night wasn't welcomed." I turned to look at Evan.

"Not in the slightest. He said he couldn't get the damn bed to pull out." I growled. "I'm going to kill him." Evan chuckled as he stopped me before going back upstairs.

"Before you kill him. Don't you think a little torture of your own might be better. Pay him back." He said with a grin and I laughed. "It's only fair."

"Good thinking Evan." I said before heading into the kitchen.

"I made breakfast burritos for you two to take with you." Evan said from behind me.

"Thank you, you didn't have to do that." I said as I picked up the burrito from the counter. He had wrapped it up in foil for us.

"You two cleaned up after last night. So it was only fair I took care of breakfast." He as he put down the left over eggs from the burritos for Dottie. She scarfed them up in a hurry.

"I'm going to go put my bag in the car." I said and Evan nodded. I opened my burrito on the way out after getting my bag. Damn he makes a good burrito. Unlocking my the car and setting my bag inside. It was a gorgeous morning and the sun was just shining through the trees. I shut my door. Taking a bite of my burrito as I looked over the mountains. I wouldn't mind living here. It's absolutely stunning.

"Hello." I looked quickly to where the voice came from. A guy that was covered in sweat. Probably from running was at the end of the driveway.

"Hello." I said before pushing off my jeep.

"I've noticed your car at Evan's a lot lately. Are you family?" He asked walking towards me. His blonde hair was pushed back out of his face. Probably from running a hand through it. His beard was lush and thick. The baby blue eyes were heart stopping.

"Ummm no, I'm just a friend of Evan's." I slightly stuttered.

"I didn't realize Evan had such beautiful friends." He said with a smile and I chuckled.

"Oh your a flatterer." I said with a smile. "How do you know Evan?" His smiled grew as he spoke.

"I'm his neighbor." He pointed down the lane. "My cabin is the 4th one down with the green shutters."