Fitz POV

You. Guys. You won't believe what I just found today. There is a legit band called Fitz and The Tantrums. Google it if u don't believe me. I'm laughing so hard right now someone pls help me!!💀💀💀

After everyone had gotten out of the water, and Linh had sucked all the water out of our hair and clothes, I took Marella's hand led her to an old, beaten, path. Which hopefully should lead to the top of the waterfall.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"You'll see. I promise you'll like it," I said. We trudged up the hill, the afternoon sun beating on my neck.

"We'll see about that," She laughed. Her blonde hair gleamed in the sunlight. Finally we reached the top of the hill, the dewy mist from the waterfall landed on my skin.

Marella closed her eyes and took a deep breath in. She gracefully sat on the ground, and overlooked the river leading to the waterfall.

"I need to tell you something," She said softly. I sat next to her and she smiled at me. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders, pulling her into my side so that her head was leaning into my neck. 

Marella was a short girl, and she only came up to about where my elbows rest. But I liked it that way. We fit together perfectly, and I could wrap my arms around her small frame, holding her in a box of safe, a box that she had never felt like she had with her friends, or even her parents. But I would be the one to give it to her.

"What is it?" I asked.

"You're different Fitz. Different than anyone I've ever met."

"Is that a good thing?"

"Yes. When I'm with you... I feel something. Something I've never felt for anyone else. You give me butterflies and goosebumps, and you make me feel happy, and safe. You listen to me, like, really listen. And when I'm talking to you, it's like I'm talking to myself. You're the only one I've ever met that's truly understood me for me." She looked up at me with those captivating eyes of hers, and I couldn't help but whisper,

"I love you too, Marella. You make me feel excited, and terrified at the same time. My family's never really got me, but you do. And I don't even know how you put up with me, but somehow you do. And I promise you, that no matter what happens, I'll always love you."

"I really do love you Fitz," She smiled at me. Then she closed her eyes, and leaned in. Our lips collided, and I'd never felt anything like it. It was raw and pure, and sad and happy, all at the same time. My hands moved to cup her face, and I pressed her lips harder into mine. Fireworks were exploding everywhere in my body.

But all of a sudden, my hands felt hot. Really hot. My eyes shot open, and there were red flames coming from my palms.

Marella screamed, and I quickly dunked my hands into the river.

"OHMYFREAKINGGOSH I'M SO SORRY!" She cried, quickly examining my palms, "Are you hurt? Fitz? Are you okay?" She asked frantically. But all I could do was stare at her as rubbed the splotches of burned skin on my palms.

"I'm fine," I finally said. I couldn't take my eyes off her. I could barely even feel the stinging in my hands.

She buried her face in her hands, "I'm so so so sorry. I... Just got... Carried away... And..."

"Hey, babe, it's okay. I'm fine, Elwin can take care of it no problem, it's just a couple burns," I reassured her.

She looked up at me with tears in her eyes, "Babe?"

"Yeah, you're my girlfriend now, aren't you?" I grinned.

"Yeah. If you want me to be," She sniffed.

"Of course I want you to be, babe. I love you," I kissed her on her cheek. Her body still felt hot to the touch, but it wasn't burning like last time.

"We should probably head back to the others," Marella said, a playful smile on her face.

I nodded, a little disappointed to have to leave, but the others were probably wondering where we were, "Yeah, okay."

We started walking down the hill, the stinging in my hands had faded slightly.

"I love you too, babe. You know that, right?" Marella asked.

"I wouldn't want it any other way."