Chapter 13

I still was crying with my head in my lap when Dad walked in.

He looked at me surprised then pulled me closer and allowed me to sob into his shoulder.

After a half hour of sniffling I left for my room and took a long needed nap while Dad went to his new job as a cashier at K-Mart.

I was sleeping deep since I hadn't gotten much lately, so waking up to a heavy knock on my door wasn't exactly welcoming.

"What?" I snapped throwing open the door.

"Sorry."  Britt looked down.  Her halter top and skirt in her shopping bag almost looked too big for her small body.

I apologized seeing the deer-in-the-headlights look on her face.

She began talking as I looked her over.

She wore a large sweatshirt and baggy wind pants.

I could still see she was rail thin.

Her face was pale and she didn't really hold herself right.  It looked like she had a large wight on her shoulders with the way she slouched.

"What happened to you?  You look so sick."  I blurted.

Britt glared at me and I realized not only did I interrupt but i insulted her too.

"Well thanks! I was just coming over to tell you how great I've been feeling and how much weight i have lost but whatever.  Apparently I look grotesque."  A tear slid down her cheek and she hurried to brush it away.

"No, Britt, I meant that you look so skinny."

Her entire face lit up.  "You really think so?"  She spun in a circle laughing.

I just shrugged.  That really didn't need an answer rhetorical or not.

"So...want to?"  she asked.

I gave her a blank stare.

She sighed very loudly and dramatically.  "I said, want to go to Energizer's?"

Energizers is a club that opens at 5pm until 12pm.  They only sell energy drinks.  It's kind of an underage club.

I agreed and she ran for my bathroom to change.

I changed into a white tube top with jean shorts.

A few moments later we were leaving arm in skinny arm.

____________________________________________________

As we entered the club, I noticed my boyfriend, Michael and Britt's newest boyfriend Brendan standing off to the side holding Monsters.

We bounced over and I took Michael's Monster from him and took a long drink.

I almost choked at the flavor.

"What the...?"

Michael looked like he was trying not to laugh.

"Uh, I mixed in coffee, A bit of Rockstar, and some milk."  he shrugged. He then saw my disgusted face when he quickly said, "It was a dare."

I casted a glance to Brendan who's shoulders were shaking.

Britt walked up to him and smacked him on the forearm sending the guys into more hysterics.

Britt sighed with me.

"I swear they never grow up."  She looked at me then the dancefloor.

I nodded as I followed her onto the colored tiles as the beat carried us away.

About an hour and a half later I stumbled away laughing.

Up at the juice bar I asked for a coffee.  French vanilla caramel.

I sipped mine gingerly while Britt chugged down her third Starbucks cappuccino.

I was feeling a bit tired so I said my goodbyes to Britt and Brendan, kissed Michael bye and left.

I got home at about 12:30 when my dad burst into the kitchen as I was unscrewing the lid of an orange juice bottle.

I raised a brow as I poured a glass.

"Where have you Been?"

"Uh, the club..." I walked down the hall to the bathroom with him trailing.

"Why didn't you call? I've been worried sick about you."

"Yeah that's great MOM.  But you know what?  Who cares?"  Why was he nagging me?

His face turned purple. "I CARE!" he yelled. "If you wanted me to live with you then you need to help ME help YOU.  i can't take care of you if you don't let me."

"Oh my gosh!  Back off old man.  YOU left ME alone for all of my life.  When things were finally getting better you showed up on MY doorstep to screw things up again.  Go back where you came from! I don't care what happens."  I slammed the door and clumsily lifted the lid of the toilet.

I puked up everything I drank.

The liquid poured out of my throat.

I tried to stand up but then I slipped and smacked my head on the bathtub edge.

HARD.

I moaned and then everything went black.

---------------------------

I opened my eyes to see my father staring down at me tears running down his face, concern burning out of his eyes.

I pulled myself up and wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered.

His arms tightened around me and I thought I heard an ambulance in the background.

"Me too Minnie."

~ Yay! I think I defeated my writer's block! TAKE THAT! PYOW PYOW! lol. anyway...I'll try to upload more soon.  Thanks guys for not giving up on me !:)~