Chapter two

"Minnie?" Mom banged on the door of the bathroom.

"Just a minute." I called wiping my mouth on my sleeve.  I pushed my hair away from my face and examined myself in the mirror.

Ugh.  Barf was gross.

I rinsed my mouth out with water, wincing in the mirror as the cold water make a sharp pain shoot through my teeth. I spit it out in the sink and watched the remnants rinse away. I then continued my way out of the bathroom.

"it's about time." my mom muttered.  She stormed past me into the bathroom and wrinkled her nose. "It stinks in here." She waved her hand and grabbed a can of air freshener spraying the evidence away.

I nodded. "Sorry it must have been something I ate." I made my way down the hall to my small room in the apartment.

"How's that diet coming? You're looking skinnier.  You have a more defined face. Its about time you lost some weight.  You always were a stocky kid.  Thank god you're thinning out."

"Yeah, thanks mom." I snapped and slammed my bedroom door.

My room was actually a glorified walk-in closet.  A twin size bed and a mirror stood on one side and a few boxes of clothes on the other.

Mom can't afford a dresser for me.  She doesn't go to work very often and rarely buys anything for me. She mostly just tries to pay the bills and buy food.  I understand though, I just wish she'd give a little more effort at life.

I looked over in the mirror and saw a fat girl.  me.

I sighed.  Skinny? I looked fatter than ever because i've been eating more than my own personally made diet let me.

I have a box of stale saltine crackers under my bed and i broke down and ate three last night instead of puking like i promised myself.  I kept telling myself that I had to be strong.  I needed to be beautiful.  I wanted to be in control. But my hunger ate at me until I silenced it for a few moments.

The pain in my stomach was comforting.  Almost like a blanket that was too heavy to bear, but it kept you warm.  If you felt beautiful then you were.  Each time I ate food I could feel myself becoming unpretty.

Finally I ate my food for the day (barely 500 calories)  when my best friend Britt asked me over.

The phone was ringing as I forced myself to choke down some chips.  I didn't want to die.  I knew I had to eat in order to survive.  I just rationed it.

I hurried to pick up the phone and answered it with a breathless, "Hello?"

"Hey.  It's me.  My parents are gone again and there's someone here I want you to meet."

Throwing on a baggy sweatshirt, I left for her house. It was about three blocks away.  I jogged there.

I jog everywhere.  It's a great way to get around and stay in shape.

I finally got to Britt's mansion.

Tons of people laugh at the fact that she's rich and I'm poor.  I didn't care about the money factor.  Britt was my only friend and I didn't want to throw that away.

Her parents give her a grand a month.  This way, she can always get the most recent stuff.  It was her parents wayof saying "Sorry I can't be there.  Here's a thousand bucks to make up for it."

She used to me a 100$ so i can keep living with my mom since my mother was out of work.

Anyway, Britt is obsessed with being skinny like me.

We track our weight and what we eat and then report back to each other every so often.

it's a way for us to feel like someone cares.

I got to her house and saw another car parked in the driveway.

Must be another fight, i thought to myself.

"Britt?" I called walking in.

"In the bathroom" i heard her call sounding weak.

I raced up and paused when

She came out grinning even though her smile wasn't real.

"That was my fifth time today." she boasted.

I frowned. "I thought we agreed on only three times."

"Well, yeah but i can do more.  And I can't really stop once i start." she admitted.

"Well neither can I but You Made me force myself to stop." I glared.

"Well..." she walked over to her Wall length mirror and inspected her body.

"99" she announced.

Pounds.

"Blake's coming over so you better either hang out downstairs or leave." she pointed her thumb out her window.

I nodded and then left downstairs to her master living room.

Blake walked in with a bag of Doritos.

He held out the bag to me.

I shook my head. "Already ate."

No i didn't.

Lying was as easy as eating.

~How's that? Thanks to all my readers. Comment Vote Fan~