8

I feel like I'm dreaming. Anger goes through my body. I leave Ezra, to walk up to Jayden and the girl. I'm disgusted by the sight.

I tap Jaydens shoulder. The second he turns around I slap his face. "Fucking ass" I shout.

"Amelia?" he sounds shocked that I'm here.
What is he even doing here. I shake my head as I walk outside. Jayden following me like a lost puppy.

"Amelia wait it isn't what it looked like" he says thinking I would believe any word that comes out that mouth.

"I don't want to talk to you go back to your girlfriend" he grabs my arm.

"She meant nothing, no other girl did"
How many has he been with. God how did I ever like this boy. Oh my god to even think I had a crush on this guy for so long.

"What the fuck! How many girls Jayden. At least be honest to me" I say as I yank my arm from his grip. "4"

What the hell!
"Are you serious I've been away from you for 2 weeks and you have already slept with 4 girls?" I laugh out of frustration.
"You're a fucking joke." I yell.
"They meant nothing, and what about you? You got married in a day" he yells back.

"I had no fucking choice, I was forced to marry the biggest mafia in the world probably, and you have no right to question me!" I keep shouting at him. I liked him a lot but the feelings I have for him died today. I just want him gone.

It's like Ezra heard my thoughts because his guards comes up from behind and grabs Jayden by the arms. Making it impossible for him to escape.

Walking beside me is Ezra, only looking at Jayden. "Don't raise your voice at my wife" he warns.

"If she tells you to leave, you do, didn't you get it the first time?" Ezra says and I enjoy watching Jayden not able to move or talk. He's scared. As he should be.

Ezra takes out his gun then looks at me
"What do you want me to do with him love" he asks.
"Just get him out of here." I tell Ezra.

"I can't just let him leave" he says.
Before I can tell him anything else he pulls the trigger. The bullet going through his head. My hands go up to my face. He killed him.
"Why would you do that!" I raise my voice out of shock. I never wanted him dead.
"The solution isn't always killing" I tell Ezra as his guards drag Jaydens dead body away.
"I warned him and he didn't listen" Ezra says and we walk back into the building. I can't believe him.

I don't know who to be mad at right now so I try to let it be for now. I hook my arm in Ezra's as we enter the ball again. I'm so used to people getting killed this doesn't bother me. What does bother me is Ezra thinking killing is the only option.

***

I stay very close to him the whole night. Because the men here are very creepy. They stare at me like I'm food. Ezra stands up. "Where are you going?" I ask scared to be left alone with all these men. "To talk some business with people" he answers. I look around scared. I think he noticed because he says "stay close to me and nobody will touch you"

I follow him to a group of people. I introduce myself to them and just listen to their conversation. Then a man standing in the center grabbing everyone's attention. As he speaks in his microphone. "Good evening to everyone" he says looking around. "In a few days there will be an event where you will show us just how good of a killer you are" he keeps going. "The ones who are in this killing game are Claus Lopez, Isaac Wilson, Bill Henderson, Ezra Perez and Harry Grey. You will show people how cruel you can be." He announces. Everyone claps their hands. These people are known to be one of the most brutal killers.

They will kill innocent lives as people are watching it like it's a show. Almost like hunger games.

When the night is over we get into our car and drive. "So you will take a part in the event?" I ask like I don't know. "Yes I go every year, since I was 15" he says.
"But you won't kill innocent lives right?" I ask in hope that the answer would be no.

"This is an exception, I have to do it, to keep my enemies away from me. To keep my reputation. It's a way of showing the world that I get what I want and if not I can do things like this" he says. It's so wrong. I am in the mafia and know what we have to do to show how strong we are. But never have I killed innocent people. "That's not right Ezra, I don't want you to do it" I try to convince him but he has already set his mind to do it.

***

The next day we went to their training area. A guy asked us for ID then we went inside. It's bigger than my training station. A lot bigger even. They have a gun, knife and boxing station. In the middle there is a fighting area. Where people fight each other.

Ezra walks over to where the guns are placed. He picked up one he likes and walks up to where he will shoot from. He points his gun to the humans made out of wood and pulls the trigger. He shoots a few of them and success to shoot everyone in the head. "Impressing" I say as I take walk over to get myself 3 knives from the table. I walk back and set my target. Pointing it at the wooden human in front of me. I throw all of the 3 knives. One in the head, second on the heart and the last one right where a dick is supposed to be.

"Auch" he says making a hurt face. "Diddnt know you could use knives" he says surprised. "What can I say I'm a natural" I say flipping my hair to the other side. A small laugh slips out his mouth. And for the first time we smile together.

"You really are something else" he says.