Arc 2 Abydos: Part 1

It has been 3 days since Shirou and Miyu moved to Schale and lived there. The two were quite busy reviewing what they would be doing as a teacher in Kivotos. Rin had been giving them frequent visits to give the siblings some guidance as they were still new in the world. While Shirou was receiving guidance from her, Miyu had spent her time in the library, trying to absorb every information she could get like a sponge. Hina would sometimes visit them in her free time to hang out, but since she too was busy with her work, she couldn't come every day.

Shirou, as someone who was quite mediocre in studying, couldn't help but envy his little sister since she managed to understand most things immediately. He was starting to think that Miyu was more suited to be the teacher than himself. The elven acting president who saw Miyu's capabilities tested her with some difficult exams that she prepared and the little girl passed remarkably, calling her a prodigy.

Although she was able to do everything perfectly, Shirou told Rin that Miyu had no imagination. For example, if she saw a movie where someone was flying, then she would try to understand it scientifically. That was the one flaw that she had, but overall, she was perfect, too perfect if one would say.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sensei, I think it's time for you to check your MomoTalk," called the AI girl, Arona.

"Later...I'm still quite busy here..." he grumpily replied as he skimmed the papers. Luckily his foster father had made him his secretary until they met Miyu or he would be in deep trouble right now.

"But sensei, don't you think you should at least reply to them? They wanted to get to know you."

'They?' he thought to himself.

The redhead didn't say anything but he still considered what Arona said.

"Fine, fine..." he replied, exhausted.

The redhead picked up the tablet and tapped the MomoTalk app slowly not wanting to get a scolding from Arona for tapping it too hard.

As for how Shirou had managed to learn to use the tablet, Arona had hammered it all to his head in one night since he would be using it in his daily life. He was having a bit of trouble on the first day while Miyu understood it immediately. Arona had even ordered a customized smartphone for Miyu's personal use that had a GPS tracker in it so that they could track her in case something happened.

[Good morning sensei, this is Suzumi.]

[Good morning sensei, it's been a while since we met.]

[Sensei. Are you awake? Don't be late to work!]

[You have the guts not to reply to my message, sensei.]

The redhead pressed the circle button and closed the app. He pinched the bridge of his nose while letting out a heavy sigh.

The last message was from Hina and from the content of it, she wasn't happy. Definitely not happy at all. While it was true that it was his fault for not replying to her, it shouldn't make her that angry.

"How did the other three get my mail anyway?"

He recalled that apart from Miyu and Rin, which the latter was Arona's own doing, he only told Hina his mail address since she was the only one who was with them when they went to the mall.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they had expected, Miyu was absolutely overexcited when they arrived at the mall. Her eyes were instantly glued to a character mascot that looks like a derpy bird...or derpy chicken...called Peroro. Perhaps the latter.