Chapter 5

I sighed as Artica and Ceiro bickered about lies and how they didn't need to be told. Esmeree, Mercy, and Nyla were watching in interest at the argument.

"Just stop! Shut up!" Roselia said as she lay on her cloak, trying to sleep. I sighed again and watched as Ceiro and Artica turned away from each other and glared at the walls.

"Guys, can we just get along?" I asked, reverting to my extremely quiet self.

"NO!" Ceiro and Artica shouted at me at the same time. I looked at the ground and pursed my lips. Honestly, things would probably go by faster if they weren't fighting like cats and dogs.

"We won't stop arguing about this and won't get along until-" Artica started.

"SHUT UP! You will get along whether you like it or not or I'll kill you myself!" I shouted. Ceiro, Artica, and Roselia all looked extremely surprised. In fact, even Nyla, Mercy, and Esmeree looked surprised.

"Please don't forget that I do specialize in potions and am the only one keeping us alive with plants in my bag that I can make salads, soups, and even random little dishes with. I also have poisonous plants that I could easily slip into your food and you'd never know the difference between it and a dandelion." I growled at them. They all stared at me like I'd gone psycho. I was quiet, but I had a horrible temper.

"Honestly you should just calm down," Nyla said and looked at her nails.

"No, I won't calm down. Things like this could get us killed," I snapped. Nyla glared at me and pink magic was thrown my way. I just stared at it and only jumped when the black ball of magic, or fire, intercepted it and it flew at the wall.

"Nyla you might be higher up than me in the social order, but I'm not going to let you hurt them." Ceiro was sitting there with one leg bent with his arm resting one it, crackling with magic, and his other leg was stretched out.

"You were lucky it wasn't stronger than that. It would've wiped yours out Ceiro." Nyla gave him a nasty grin.

"She didn't even flinch at you magic Nyla. You really should pay more attention," Mercy told her.

"Maybe, but she'll get herself killed that way. She's underestimating the power of the Twili, you know," Nyla told her.

"Even so, maybe you're underestimating these humans as well," Esmeree said, smiling as she did. I sighed softly and sat down. I didn't feel like arguing. I felt like sleeping, in all honesty. I knew I coudn't though. I had tried. I was far too paranoid that they would all rip each other apart.

You should rest. Your trials will not cease when the light returns. There is no room to be sloppy when facing danger. Adrenaline is not something you should rely on.

I jerked up from a slightly slumped position. My eyes were wide as I glanced around, as alert as I was able to be. No one seemed to have been speaking to me though. I really did need some sleep. It seemed that I was going crazy.

I laid over on the dust covered ground in the corner and got as comfortable as I could, using my bag as a makeshift pillow.

"I'm going to rest for a little while..." I said quietly. They all nodded. They seemed a little at peace for once in these past few days. I was so grateful for that. They had probably only gotten bored with each other, but it gave me some time to at least sleep a little.

I wasn't sure that I was awake much longer than a few seconds before I slipped into a dreamless sleep.

~{}~{}~{}~{}~

"Eira?" someone said, shaking me. I mumbled something that made this person chuckle.

"Eira, come one. We have to go. Do you want to stay here?" Slowly, I drug my eyes open and stated into blue ones. Who had had blue eyes when I went to sleep. I felt my eyebrows furrow in horrible confusion.

Whoever it was helped me sit up, even though I was terribly disgruntled. I let my eyes wonder their face for a moment, rather than just his eyes. His... Oh. It was Link.

"Where are we going?" I asked quietly. The others were already gone.

"We're headed back to Kakariko Village. We're taking Ilia, Telma, and the Zora Prince with us," he explained. I yawned lightly and then suddenly I snapped to full alertness.

"Ah! Why didn't you wake me sooner?!" I asked as I grabbed my bag, tossing it over my shoulder and then pushing myself up and running out of the bar.

Castle Town was by no means any less grand in the daylight. It was bustling with activity. No one seemed to know the difference between how they had just looked and what they looked like now. It was so strange, I realized.

That's when a strange memory of someone telling me I needed sleep also came back. Who had that been? Was I just going crazy? I thought about telling Link, but he'd think I'd gone mad.

Glancing at him told me differently. Either I was making a face or he could stare into my soul. I was really hoping about the former. It didn't feel like I was making a face though, so the latter seemed far more likely. That was frightening.

"What's the matter?" he asked me as we made our way to the gates of Castle Town. I sighed softly and tapped my finger to the side of my head.

"I'm going nuts," I said simply. He shook his head lightly as he stared at me.

"I doubt it," he said quietly. Link had always been quiet, but he had become increasingly more talkative lately.

"I don't. Link, I'm hearing a voice in my head. I don't know why or anything. I just know that it told me I needed to rest. The worst part about it, is that it sounded authoritative. I'm pretty sure I'm going crazy," I told him softly as I crossed my arms, trying to keep myself from being exposed. I hadn't been planning on telling him, so why had I?

He was quiet for a long time. That was just great. He suddenly went quiet when I told him about my crazy episode. He was studying me through the blue eyes of his. I knew right then that he probably could see into my soul. Of course, maybe that was because I wore my soul on my face half the time. Then again, I could be wrong.

"I doubt you're crazy," he said again, making my eyes widen in surprise. Was he serious? He wouldn't have said it if he wasn't... If I wasn't crazy, then what in the world was wrong?