Vibe and Ashes

This AU idea grew out of a weird Roleplay between  DarkMidnightDragon and I when i had ot create a background for a character :)

He was born with his twin in a world of islands, two bigger ones and groups of smaller ones spread across the world. Sans first memory was the endless blue of waves and scene of salty air and seaweed.

There island was called Coda, where all monsters lived.

The humans he was told lived on the island of Medial on the other side of the world. Sans had never met a human, and he doubted he ever would since apparently humans never left there island for generations.

As he was a twin, they shared a name as each other as in dark times it was believed spirits stole twins by stealing there name, and with them sharing a name it would confuse the spirit meaning neither child was taken. It was a bit annoying, but it meant each child was given a sacred blessed name at birth on top of that.

His twin was given the name Ash, like the sacred Ash tree by the royal castle, he himself sacred name of Vibrancy when he has a sickly bonelette almost died at birth... it quickly got shorted to Vibe.

When they were five, there baby sibling Papyrus came into there life and he was perfect and adorable.

It... unfortunately was about that time that there Carrier passed away from illness.

Gaster grieved as only a loving husband could, barely able to function barely able to live.

It was only due to the kindness of the restaurant/inn keeper that there father climbed back to reality, to that Sans was always grateful as he and his twin were to young to be a full time parent to Papyrus.

So Grilby became a familiar face to the family of four.

At sixth they went to school in the capital, it.. was interesting? Ash and Vibe found the other children rather immature, and went through the syllabus rather quickly as after reading there fathers books they were well ahead. They were quickly jumped ahead due to this, and joined a new class that contained only a few other students. Alphys a rather nervous girl who stuttered, her mother was apparently a chief at the castle and her father magician of the lower circle that worked for the crown. Then there was Undyne a rather hyper aggressive child, who was apparently adopted.

To there shock the prince of monster Asriel was there also, but the true shock was the final child who barely no one knew about. Chara.. a human child, newly adopted by the royal family.

They had a prickly personality, but there humor was hilarious and always ready with a snarky remark. Vibe hoped other humans were like Chara, even if history said they were not especially with the humans blood magic.

Apparently, humans eyes were all red after the humans last internal war where blood magic tainted much of the land.

During there eighth year was the festival of flowers, this year theme was buttercups.

Chara fell ill, and died within days.

Asriel soon followed.

A plague spread through the island, and they were called home.

It spread like wild fire, the streets went white from dust.

It... was a much quieter world when the plague finally ended.