11. Morning Surprises

It was early the next morning, and the insistent sound of my alarm wouldn't shut up. My hand took the alarm and threw it against the wall. I had wanted nothing but sleep, but reality soon kicked in that my alarm had awoken me for good. Due to my objectionable need to get out of bed, it took me ten times longer to actually get going. It was until I had smelled a sweet aroma coming from downstairs. It drew my curiosity, so with this, I managed to let myself out of bed and head down the stairs to see what was going on.

Once I had reached the kitchen I spotted Keith cooking. A smile grew as I watched him. He had a key, so of course he would manage to sneak into the house and surprise me. It was in his nature to do so. "Good morning" I said, looking at him. Keith turned around and smiled. "Good morning, beautiful. I made you breakfast." I giggled and walked toward him quickly. "I noticed." He wasn't dinking around. He understood what it meant to fight, and he was doing it. But this wasn't about me. It wasn't about my choice anymore. They had to make this choice, but so far, Keith was winning. My body sat down at the table as I watched him serve me breakfast. How sweet he was. "You're so sweet," I let out. The blue-eyed man sat next to me and pecked my lips. "I just wanted to surprise you, baby."

My cheeks flushed at his kind words. For a moment I had forgotten about Blake, and everything else in the outside world until I heard the doorbell. The noise snapped me out of my small world for just a moment, making me realize I had to go and answer the door. "Just don't answer," Keith responded. I shook my head. "As much as I don't want to, I know I probably should. It might be the package I'm expecting." Keith then nodded his head and motioned for me to answer the door.

I followed his motion and went to the door, hoping it was just a package. As soon as I opened the door I looked up to see Blake standing there with a coffee in each hand. "Oh. Blake, hi." This cam out as if I didn't want him there, but I did. I just knew Keith was waiting inside. "Hi beautiful," he said with a soft smile. There wasn't anyway that I could resist that smile, or him. He was Blake.

"Baby who is it?" Keith called out. I looked to Blake, knowing he had heard him.

"Oh, Keith's here" he said with a disappointed look.

I sighed. "He is, but um... you can come in. Just come in."

"Are... are you sure?"

"Yea, of course," I said, letting him in. I had wondered if this was a good idea, but it was too late now. He was already in my house. Closing the door behind me, I led Blake to the kitchen. One could only hope that this morning would go peacefully. "Um... Blake's here..."

Keith nodded. "I see that."

Blake sighed and looked around the kitchen. "Breakfast... why didn't I think of that?"

"I don't know. I have a key so..." Keith shot back. I knew then that this was a mistake letting Blake into my house.

Blake looked at me in question. "Why is it that he has a key, and I don't? I'm your best friend."

My eyes rolled into the back of my head. A fight was the last thing I needed. "I don't know... he just does. He's been really good to me, Blake. When you weren't here, he was."

"Well that's nice of him," he said bowing his head. "I'm sorry I haven't been here. I guess I just had to figure things out.'

"Blake, it's okay. I forgive you. I do," I smiled, pecking his cheek.

"You... you do?" he said in shock.

"Of course I do. You're my best friend." It was true. I may have feelings for him, but he was my best friend. I couldn't stay mad at him. I don't think I ever was mad at him.

Blake flashed me a smile and kissed my cheek. "Don't make plans tonight," he said loud enough for Keith to hear. I looked to Keith to see his face. He didn't look pleased. All he did was flash a weak smile in my direction and then continue to eat. I gave a light laugh and responded nervously. "Okay. I won't." I soon went to sit back down next to Keith, allowing Blake to do as he pleased. I wasn't sure how all of this was going to play out, but I could tell that either of these guys weren't messing around. They both meant business, and Blake wasn't afraid to show Keith that he had competition. All of it had made me nervous, but I had started it in hopes that I would discover some answers.

"Good. I'll pick you up at seven. I'll leave you two to your breakfast," Blake let out as he headed toward the door. "Bye beautiful." I smiled lightly as he said this while walking out of my house. As soon as he exited, I looked to Keith to see the expression on his face, but there wasn't anything. He had just kept on eating.

"Um, sorry he barged in like that," I managed to say after a few moments of silence.

Keith looked up and gave a weak smile. "It's okay, baby. He doesn't scare me. I'm not backing down. I will fight for you even when I feel like I can't fight anymore. I will still fight for you." Somehow this gave me a sense of comfort. "He may have you tonight, but I have you the rest of the day," he said giving a satisfied smile.

A laugh then escaped my mouth. "What do you have in mind?"

Keith smiled, "It's a surprise, love."

How I loved surprises.