Luna Is Back

Mara's POV 

I saw Luna walking into our dorm. 

"Luna!" I called out. 

I ran towards her, giving her the tightest hug I could give. 

"I am so glad that you are here and that you are safe." I added. 

"Draco always snuck down to the cellar to check if I was okay, bringing me and Mr Ollivander food .With him there I was not worried about anything, I just wanted to get out." 

"You did not deserve that Luna." 

"I am alright. How are things here?" Luna asked.

I understood why she wanted to change the topic of our conversation so quickly. 

"They are worse, the Carrow's are getting stricter and their punishment methods are also just getting worse. When I saw Neville today, he had cut all over his face." 

"We need to do something, like hide somewhere or even escape." 

"Luna, that is a brilliant idea. We could get the DA together in the Room of Requirement and hide there." 

"But right now you should get some rest." I added. 

I could barely sleep. During the night Luna was talking in her sleep, you could hear that she was having nightmares about what happened to her at the manor. I don't like thinking about what must have gone through her mind the day she was abducted by death eaters. 

In the morning I had muggle studies with Alecto Carrow. The further we go into the muggle studies book the worse it gets, the fact that they are teaching us how to torture or kill muggles is disturbing. I just don't speak up against it anymore, I just want the class to end. Defence Against the Dark arts is just the same with Amycus Carrow. Other classes still feel a little the same as last year, but you can just tell that everyone is tense and cannot wait to leave Hogwarts. No where is safe anymore and we need to get the students who are rebelling into a safe place before something really bad happens. There have been a few times that I have feared for my life, I feel it everyday since coming back from Christmas holidays and I fear for the others too. 

Draco's POV 

"Luna told me. She said that her, Mara, Ginny and Neville are planning to tell the DA that they all could hide in the Room of Requirement." Blaise mentioned. 

"I can't believe they are doing this. What if this spreads, I'm sure the professors will see that they are missing." 

"We can't stop them Draco and besides things are just getting worse here for everyone. Us Slytherin's get the special treatment and the other houses just get thrown around. The students fear for their deaths, this is probably the best option  for them." 

"I want to be there with her." I expressed. 

"You can't yet. Remember you devoted yourself to the Dark Lord and I know that you did it for her, but you cannot just walk out you may get killed. If that happens Mara has lost someone she really cares about." 

"What if I never get a life with her?" 

"You will, this all just has to end." Blaise reassured me. 

After dinner I found myself wandering around the Room of Requirement, as the doors appeared before me I walked in. The room filled with junk just reminded me of last year, when I was fixing the Vanishing Cabinet. I felt sick to my stomach and my heart began to sink as the visions showed me Mara receiving a disturbing punishment from the Carrow twins. Using the Crutiatis curse to cause her pain and to spill the truth about where everyone is. Her yelling that she won't tell them, resting and because of that they killed her. I know that it is just a vision and this seems to be happening more often, but every time it starts to hurt more and more. I fell onto my knees, breaking down. Lifting the sleeve to display the biggest regret, not because I did it for her but because this is there for the rest of my life. People will just see me for the guy who willingly joined the Dark Lord, in reality I just did it to save a girls life. 

As I left the Room of Requirement I saw Mara walking towards me. 

"Mara, are you okay?" 

"I am alright." She muttered. 

"I know your plan, for the DA." 

"I'm sorry that I didn't come to you about it sooner and that you found out from elsewhere-" 

"You don't have to apologise. I just want you to understand what this means for me and you." 

"What do you mean Draco?" 

"You cannot leave the Room of Requirement, not at any point. Once you guys start hiding and you are missing for days, the professors will start to notice. I don't want you getting into trouble and receiving more punishments." I explained. 

"But what if I want to see you?" 

"I will come in whenever I can to see you Mar, that is a promise. Things are getting worse out there since Voldemort is searching high and low for Harry. I am going to be needed more at the Manor, but like I just said I will see you whenever I can. I promise." 

"What if I don't see you for weeks?" She asked. 

"Then just remember that when this is all over I will be here waiting for you." 

"I love you." She mumbled. 

"I love you too." 

She embraced me, holding me for as long as she could. I smelled her scent, stroked her hair, letting her head rest on my chest whilst I held her. I could hear her crying. 

"Remember what you are doing this for and just know this. I wish I could be doing this with you. You are doing the best thing for everyone, so don't doubt this on my accord." 

She nodded. 

"Now go." 

She kissed me, before I saw her walking through the doors. 

Mara's POV 

To me it feels like I am losing Draco again. I think having that understanding of the fact that I will not be able to see him for a while because of everything, just makes me feel that way. I don't know when I will be able to see him next, but I hope that the next time I see him again this is all over. I hope that we all finally go back to some normality, not fearing for our lives at school, or fearing of how our families are doing and also not fearing about the lives of our friends who are on the run because of the law.