20: Upgrades

[Time Skip when Casita is finished because your author is lazy]

[[Name]; 15 year-old]

Finally, after 2 weeks of the townspeople helping the Madrigals and the help of my pack, we managed to finish it. The only thing missing is a door knob that Estrella ever so kindly gave us the idea to let Mirabel put it in the small door knob hole thing.

I don't know what it's called...

(A/n: Don't worry [Name], I don't know what it's called either—)

During that span of two weeks, my bond with my family is stronger than ever. We get to hang out more and we even managed to get mama and papa to race with us through the forest!

It was so much fun. I won the race as per usual because of my training and we had a good laugh when Tempest complained about it.

Oh right, speaking of which, Sister Dolores and this Mareeyano guy are together now!

Let's go back to a few days to recall.

==FLASHBACK: START==

The plan is simple. Camilo, Sister Isabela, and I will hide behind a random donkey, who gladly allowed us to hide behind him since I asked him nicely.

(A/n: Remember, [Name] is like Antonio, an animal whisperer since she's been living with animals for all these years.)

"Mi Sol, do you think Mister Mareeyano will accept Sister Dolores?" I whispered to him as the three of us watched Mirabel walk up to the frowning man.

"Mi Luna, his name is pronounced, Mariano." Camilo chuckled as Isabela smiled at my adorableness.

"Mareeyano."

"Mi Luna..."

"Oh give her a break, primo. Let her say what she wants to say." Sister Isabela nudged his shoulder and he let out small yelp before glaring at her playfully.

Suddenly, Mirabel came up behind us and shushed us, nodding her head towards the two newly lovebirds.

"You talk so loud, you take care of your mother and you make her proud. You write your own poetry every night when you go to sleep and I'm seizing the moment so would you wake up and notice me." Sister Dolores talked so fast that I was lucky enough to even understand everything.

"Dolores, I see you."

"And I hear you."

The three of us girls cheered as Sister Isabela and Mirabel high five each other while I hugged Camilo. Speaking of my mate, he wore a conflicted expression on his face.

"I'm debating whether I should be happy or annoyed that Mariano is with my hermana." He admitted.

I giggled and kissed him on the cheek. I watched with amused eyes to see his cheeks flare up and his eyes dilate a little.

"Come on, Mi Sol, let's congratulate the new couple."

==FLASHBACK: END==

Abuela stood right next to Mirabel, both staring at the newly built and regular Casita with smiles on their faces.

"Home sweet home," Mirabel let out a sigh of relief before commenting, "I like the new foundation."

"It isn't perfect." Abuela added.

"Neither are we."

"That's true, just one more thing before the celebration."

"What?"

"We need a doorknob." Tio Bruno piped in as both he and Abuela looked at each other with a smile.

The three of them then looked down where they see Antonio holding out a golden doorknob with the letter M on it.