Aliens of London (I)

Athena

Kas lands the Tardis outside of Rose's apartment building where Rose is going to go and check on her mum for a little while and then we will be off again on another adventure. We walk out of the Tardis and she looks at Kas "How long have I been gone?"

Kas grins at her "About twelve hours." Rose looks surprised "Oh. Right, I won't be long. I just want to see my mum."

I grin at her coming in before Kas can "So Rosie what're you going to tell her?"

She grins back "I don't know. I've been to the year 5 billion and only been gone, what, twelve hours? No, I'll just tell her I spent the night at Shareen's. See you later. Oh, and don't you two disappear."

Rosie runs up the stairs to the flat, Kas and I see an old poster half stuck to a concrete pillar. Police Appeal for Assistance. Can You Help?

We look at each other as Kas steps closer to finish reading the poster it says 'Rose Tyler has been missing from her home on the Powell Estate since 6th March 2005.' I facepalm "it's been a year, not 12 hours" We take off running up to her flat.

Kas is the first one out of us in the flat he looks at her sheepishly "It's not twelve hours, it's twelve months. You've been gone a whole year. Sorry."

I roll my eyes slapping the back of his head looking at Rose "I am so sorry Rosie..... I swear if I had been driving it would have been 12 hours"

Rosie's mum Jackie called the police and now Kas and I are in one chair while Rosie is on the couch with her mum and the police are questioning us as Rosie's mum is talking to the police as well.

"The hours I've sat here, days and weeks and months, all on my own. I thought you were dead, and where were you? Traveling. What the hell does that mean, traveling? That's no sort of answer. You ask her. She won't tell me. That's all she says. Traveling."

Rosie looks at her mum "That's what I was doing." "When your passport's still in the drawer? It's just one lie after another." Rosie and her mum are arguing a bit "I meant to phone. I really did. I just I forgot." Jackie is really pissed here "What, for a year? You forgot for a year? And I am left sitting here. I just don't believe you. Why won't you tell me where you've been?"

Kas comes in "Actually, it's my fault. I sort of er employed Rose as my companion." I mentally facepalm knowing that isn't gonna help the situation at all. And to prove my point the policeman looks between Rosie and Kas "When you say companion, is this a sexual relationship?

They both look at him wide-eyed "No." and Rosie adds on "It's not like at all"

Jackie looks at her daughter "Then what is it? Because you, you waltz in here all charm and smiles, and the next thing I know, she vanishes off the face of the Earth! How old are you then? Forty? Forty-five? What, did you find her on the Internet? Did you go online and pretend you're a doctor?"

Kas looks at her "I am a Doctor."

Jackie looks at him "Prove it. Stitch this, mate!" and then before I could even see it coming Jackie slaps Kas, hard from what I can tell. I grab his hand and lace our fingers together to show him comfort right now as he's really the one that is being questioned about this.

After the police left Rose followed her mum into the kitchen and I pulled Kas up to the roof knowing that Rose would be up when she was done with her mum.

I can't help but laugh "oh my god... I cannot believe she slapped you, had I seen it coming I would have stopped her obviously"

He smiles "I know you would have but you didn't and that hurt"