The End of the Word (II)

Arabella

We walk into the engine room after Kas got the door open.

I give Kas a little smirk "It is a bit nippy in here? or is it just me?" He shrugs at me "Fair do's, though, that's a great bit of air conditioning. Sort of nice and old fashioned. Bet they call it retro."

Then he scans a panel with his Sonic.

"Gotcha." He pulls it off. A spider scuttles out and up the wall.

I look at the two of them "What the hell's that?" Jabe looks at me "Is it part of the retro?" but Kas is the one that answers "I don't think so. Hold on."

The Doctor aims his screwdriver at the spider, then Jabe lassoes it.

I give her a smile "Hey, nice Liana." Jabe smiles back "Thank you. We're not supposed to show them in public." I shoot a wink at her "don't worry your secret is safe with us" Kas nods agreeing with me "Now then, who's been bringing their pets on board?"

Jabe looks at him "What does it do?"

"Sabotage." Kas and I say at the same time.

"Earth Death in ten minutes." the computer announces.

Kas looks at Jabe and me "And the temperature's about to rocket. Come on."

"Earth Death in ten minutes." the computer repeats the announcement.

We make our way out of the engine room and as we approach the stewards' office smoke from the room is filling the corridor and the glare is coming through a small glass panel in the door. The little assistants have gathered.

"Hold on. Get back." Kas warns them and they obey stepping back as Kas uses his sonic on another small panel.

"Sun filter rising. Sun filter rising."

Jabe looks at us concern on her face "Is the Steward in there?!" I look at her sadly "You can smell him." The Kas looks us "Hold on, there's another sun filter programmed to descend." He runs off with me following right behind him.

We come to a stop outside the closed door of Gallery 15 and I hear Rose inside "let me out"

"Oh, it would be you" Kas teases her, I snort with an eye roll "sweetie now is not the time for jokes"

"Just get me out!"

"Rose we are working on it give us two ticks," I tell her trying to sound reassuring that we would get her out which we will even if I have to pry it open with my bare hands because I have the strength to do that if need be.

Kas sonics the pad by the door "Sun filter rising, sun filter rising" I let out a relieved breath then hear "sun filter descending, sun filter descending"

I roll my eyes grabbing the sonic out of his hand and shoving him to the side "get out of my way Kas, I got this" I didn't even realize what I called him.

I take the sonic and start messing with the pad outside the door and once again hear "Sun filter rising, sun filter rising" I smirk triumphantly before it's wiped off my face "sun filter descending, sun filter descending"

"Oh that's just bloody great the computer is getting clever, it's fighting back, I am trying here Rose and I will get you out of there I promise" I mess with it again and the filter raise again "stand back Rose we might not have a lot of time before they descend again"

"Okay, I'm back" I back away from the panel and then ninja kick the door and it goes flying back "come on Rose run" she runs out of the room and off to the side as I make my way back to the panel and I mess with the wires again. "there it should stay up now"