v.

◤      ◥
New Power
Unlocked
◣      ◢
***

Cali had been going to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters for five years now she was 12, and she absolutely adored the place now, it had become her second home, Forks and Charlie would always be her first home.

Over the years Cali had nearly mastered her telekinetic powers, there were still things she needed to learn, but she could fully control them now, her telepathy she still had lots to learn about it but with all the training and everything she could fully block out everyone's thoughts but her own, and she could pick which thoughts she wanted to read and which ones she didn't, but she still had plenty to learn about it.

Cali had just gotten back to New York, the new semester was set to start on Monday, The dark-haired girl was sitting out by the fountain waiting on her best friend Eliza, who was supposed to arrive a little while after she did.

Cali was absentmindedly playing with the water in the fountain, she swirled her finger around in circles, pulling her hand up as she went, and her eyes widened when she saw the water rising up in a swirl just like she was twirling her finger, she jerked her hand away and the water fell back into the fountain.

Eliza skipped up to her best friend at that moment, "hey Cal."

Cali grinned looking at the blonde, "Hey El... I think I just discovered a new power... watch this." Cali held her hand over the fountain and pictured the water forming a ball and lifting out of the fountain.

The blonde grinned at her "Woah Cal! You need to talk to the professor"

Cali grinned, "I know El... I will as soon as possible." The dark-haired girl closed her eyes, reaching out to contact the professor.

'Professor?'

'What is it, Cali?'

'I need to talk to you about something that just happened.'

'Of course, I'll meet you in my office in 10 minutes.'

'See you then, professor.'

Cali opened her eyes, "Okay, so I'm meeting the professor in his office in 10 minutes."

Eliza nodded "good, but that is so cool Cal." the two girls laughed and headed into the mansion putting their stuff in their rooms and Cali headed to meet Charles in his office.

10 minutes later, she knocked on the door and was told to come in. "Hello, Professor."

"Cali, how was your summer? What is it that happened?"

"It was good, and well I was waiting on Eliza by the fountain as we had planned, and I wasn't even paying attention, and then I looked down, and it was like I was controlling the water, it was swirling around rising up out of the fountain as I was twirling my finger around in that exact motion."

The professor looked at her for a moment, "that is interesting, Cali, can you demonstrate it for me?" Cali used her telekinesis to get a cup of water to demonstrate with, she set the cup on the desk and held her hand above the cup and like earlier pictured the water rising out of the cup, and just like with Eliza, it did exactly what she wanted it too.

The telepath watched in amazement, as she controlled the water in the cup. "Hmm, that is very peculiar, Cali, I don't think that's part of your mutation, or it would have manifested when your telekinesis and telepathy did."

Cali nodded "I think it's from my mom, I vaguely remember seeing her using water like that to make shapes and things to entertain me when I was small... but that's all I really remember of her, besides when I was left with my dad well, he's my adopted dad but still he raised me, so I consider Charlie my dad."