iv.

◤      ◥
Exploring
And
Training
◣      ◢
***

Cali had spent the next few days exploring and familiarizing herself with the school, so far adult wise she's met Logan, Hank, Storm, and Scott.

She's also met a few of the kids too, one in particular that she really bonded with right away was a girl her age named Elizabeth who went by Eliza, Eliza's mutation allows her to make people do anything she wants by saying 'I heard a rumor.' which Cali thought was really cool. (Yes, this power was completely inspired by Allison from The Umbrella Academy, since that is how her powers work, she can also create illusions to use her power but that will be learned as she gets older lol.)

The duo was currently in the dining hall having just finished breakfast, the two were just talking quietly, they still had a week before classes actually started and had planned to just explore a bit Eliza was gonna show Cali her favorite places since she had been there for over a year now.

After breakfast, the duo made their way out of the dining hall. Over the next few hours the two girls hung out, while Cali was being shown all of Eliza's favorite spots in the mansion, the blonde had even shown the dark-haired girl some of the secret shortcuts that she had found.

They were now sitting outside in the courtyard and Cali was laughing at the story Eliza was telling it was about the time that Eliza had discovered her powers, and it had Cali in stitches from laughing. "God, I can't believe that is how you discovered your mutation, Eliza," Cali had tears falling down her face from laughing so hard.

Eliza grinned at her, "I know, I made my mom dance like a chicken for over an hour... I was so confused, but I was also dying laughing, much like you are right now Cali... I got so grounded for that, like no kidding."

Cali wiped her eyes, "I still can't get over that, Eliza." The two burst out laughing again, it went on like that with them for a few minutes, they would calm down and then look at each other and start laughing all over again.

That was how Jean found the two, the Professor had asked Jean to bring Cali to his office he wanted to start her telepathy training earlier than the other, he wanted to teach her how to block out the thoughts of those around her, so it would be easier for her to focus during her normal lessons, so she wasn't hearing everyone's thoughts all the time.

"Cali." The red-haired woman spoke, making the two kids calm down.

Cali looks at her, "what is it, Jean?"

"The professor wants to see you, Cali."

The black-haired girl nodded "Okay" then she looked at Eliza "I'll talk to you later Eliza." the blonde nodded at her.

Cali followed Jean as she was being led to the professor's office. Once they arrived Jean knocked on the door, and they were told to enter, once inside Jean left Cali with the professor. The young Mutant smiled at him, "you wanted to see me, professor?"

Charles smiled back at her, "I did Cali, I thought it would be beneficial for you to start your telepathy training earlier than we planned to so that you can use the training to help block out the thoughts of those around you, so it would help you to focus on your normal school lessons as well as your telekinesis lessons when you start them."

Cali nodded agreeing with him, she has had trouble focusing the only way she's found that she can not focus on the thoughts of the other people around her is when she finds something to distract her, but even that doesn't completely stop her from hearing them, "Okay."

Charles nodded at Cali, "good, this should be one of the easiest things you will learn about your abilities."

The dark-haired girl nodded, "okay then, I'm ready, just tell me what to do."

"All right, so the first thing I want you to do is to close your eyes." Cali gave a nod and did as she was told closing her eyes, "now next I want you to focus on all the voices that you can hear," Cali once again does as she was instructed and gave a nod to signal that she was doing it "then I want you to picture a doorway in your mind after you've done that shove all the voices that aren't yours behind that door, then picture it closing and locking in your mind and that is it."

Cali did as he said and imagined the door closing and locking, and then there was once again silence in her head beside her own thoughts. The young mutant opened her eyes, "okay, it's done... and I just hear my own thoughts."

Charles smiled at the girl again, "now as your training goes on, you will learn how to control it better, how to just let the thoughts you want to hear in, and also how to block other telepaths from reading your thoughts unless you want them too... we will get more into that when your official lessons begin though and as long as you keep that door closed and locked you will be able to focus more on your own thoughts."

Cali nodded, and so she spent the next couple of hours training her telepathy with the professor, she was there already, so he decided they would work on a few things before she officially started her training at the start of the semester which was only a week away.

***

Jenny Boyd as Eliza Murphy 

Going to add Luci here even though she won't come in for a while, but I wanted to introduce her anyway :D 

Scarlett Johanson as Lucia Volturi

Anyway, here was chapter four, (: hope you enjoyed the chapter

Anyway, here was chapter four, (: hope you enjoyed the chapter. (also might do a bit of a time skip in the next chapter to where Cali is a little older maybe it'll be her discovering her Hydrokinesis we will just have to wait and see XD)