Chapter Two - Battle For The Dragon

Chapter Two

Battle For The Dragon

"Horikita," I said, " Why'd you call me out here? This isn't usual for you."

"I needed to talk with you. In private," she replied, glaring up at me. There were many unfamiliar faces dotted across the cafeteria, I had never seen that black-haired boy before. These students were probably all the first years because he went to go and have a seat with many other unfamiliar faces. Horikita lead me to a small square table to fit just the two of us at each end. I didn't even know we had these but of course, such an isolated person would find a loner table. The short-haired beauty took a seat and rested her hands above the table before me and so I followed it like a business deal.

"I believe there will be a special exam soon. Very soon," she cut to the chase. Well, it was great and all that she knew but what was I supposed to do about it?

"No reply?" She asked.

"Well, I don't know what you want me to do about it," I replied.

She shook her head and sighed, "I'm just giving you information. Reply like a human please."

So she's saying I'm not human. Noted.

"Is there more? Where did you hear this from?" I decided to engage in the conversation because truthfully, she rarely brought me out like this.

"Well I don't know if the sources can be trusted but I overheard some class A students talking about it. It only makes sense though, at the beginning of the academic year they would and should give us one."

Her reasoning seemed fine but that also posed a few questions which seemed like a good idea to answer and I'm sure she thought the same.

Why did Class A know about the special exams earlier?

"This is only speculation though, we don't know what the exam really would be but it won't hurt to be prepared," she rubbed her palm on her head and sighed anxiously, "There's so much going on right now."

Personal or school business? Which one? I decided to pry. Perhaps we'd test our friendship by her telling me personal things.

"Like what?" I asked.

"The school's going crazy," she sighed.

Guess I'll never know how close we are.

She hopped on a rant with a trail of her thoughts running out her mouth, "The first years are now here. God knows what they're doing and now my brother's gone and someone else is going to take over the Student Council President. We don't even know how good they'll be and what this school will become with their rules."

I do recall Horikita Manabu proclaiming how he wanted me to take him down because it seemed like he didn't want to leave this school in the wrong hands. But it now is being left in the wrong hands. Although it would expend my effort, if it came to it, I might just pull through and take him out. For his sake.

"But apparently there's now someone else taking over," she said. That certainly did surprise me because this was news. Another competing for the throne? It has only been three weeks since the new year was introduced and someone was already taking down Nagumo for me. I guess the entire notion of that was a double-edged sword, who could this new president be?

What if he was an even worse fit for the throne than Nagumo? If that were the case and he forced me to play my cards, I guess I would have no choice.