20.

Chapter 20

I'll be working with Frank tomorrow and I'm kind of freaking out.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Should I ignore what happened between us? Should I act like nothing changed and everything is normal? Should I be like a cool kid that thinks kissing people randomly is no big deal? Kinda like Jae...

Yeah. No, not going there.

Anyway. I can't start acting like we're boyfriend and girlfriend either. Even if he thought that after a kiss, I don't actually want that.

The problem is. I have no idea what I want.

It was nice kissing Frank. But just kissing him. I don't think I'd want a relationship with the guy.

Sometimes it's just nice to kiss someone. I'm not a whore for liking that? Right?

Ugh. I hate this.

This is why it's easier to not go out and have interactions with people. I don't need to think about useless stuff like that when I spend all day hidden in my room.

I don't need to try to go over every little bit of interactions Frank and I had the other night to try to figure out the best way to act around him now.

If I don't go out, I can just live my peaceful life.

But then I don't kiss people. And kissing people is fun.

I really hate this.

My phone rings.

It's my cousin.

I welcome the distraction and answer. "Hi Dot," I reply, my voice still a little groggy from sleep. I slept till one in the afternoon. I'm not exactly proud of it, but I also feel very good with being a slob.

I enjoy the slob life.

"You have to come over tonight. I shall not take no as an answer," Dot replies, skipping the greetings.

"What? Why?"

"Because Jae will do one of his infamous lives, and we gotta all be together to do that."

I frown, sitting up in my bed. "His what?"

"Infamous lives. They happen anytime Ford and Jae get together."

"Ford?"

Every time I think I'm all caught up on everything Nine Knots related, I get hit with something new.

"Oh right! Have you watched Seven Rainbows yet?"

"That other Netflix show?" I reply. I think I know this. It's essentially season two of Seven Wonders.

"Yeah, when they tried to redo Seven Wonders," my cousin replies, confirming my thoughts.

"No, I haven't. I never really cared much for True Colors," I reply. True Colors is the name of the band that they formed on that show.

They do pop music, but a little too generic. I've never really heard anything actually catchy from them.

Maybe I shouldn't judge them too quickly though. Look where that got me with Nine Knots.

"Ford was in that show," Dot continued to explain, "He didn't make it into the group. But Nine Knots made an appearance once, and the guys became friends with Ford. You might have heard some of his solo songs. He's not super popular, but I know some of his songs are like viral on Tik Tok. Anyway, some fans saw Jae and Ford at a concert last night. There's like a couple of videos circulating online."