Friday, 9:30 AM

I missed this, Fi tells herself as she unbuckles her seatbelt. She closes her eyes and says a silent prayer of thanks for the safe flight as a voice reminds them to make their way out of the aircraft in an orderly fashion.

I really did miss this, she thinks, her hurried footsteps now leading her out of the plane and straight to the airport's baggage claim area. With the black hair tie she wears around her wrist, Fi pulls her messy hair up in a bun and hears her shoulder joints crack.

She groans.

Did I really miss this?

It has only been two weeks and three days since Fi's reinstatement as EG Project's road manager, and already her schedule has been nothing short of insane. Aside from the sold-out fan meet in China and showcase in Japan, there were also various TV appearances back in Seoul, a meet-and-greet in Singapore, and TV commercial filming for a scooter brand in Thailand.

Last year's "scandal" obviously did nothing to keep the band's popularity from soaring.

They are now back in the Philippines, set to perform at tomorrow's Summer Crush, a concert along the beach in San Juan, La Union. But while Fi is thrilled to be home, months of being away from this line of work seems to have weakened her roadie superpowers. Already bone tired, she knows that if she continues running on cat naps and copious amounts of caffeine, something is bound to go horribly wrong.

So thank god and everything that's holy, because they now have an entire day of rest before the concert. And as luggage of various shapes and sizes parade in front of her, all Fi can think of is the eight hours of sleep (or more!) she'll be getting later at the hotel.

A hand shoots across her line of sight and picks up a familiar looking bag. Her bag.

"Got that for you, noona."

Minchan has a cheeky smile ready for her when she looks up at him and says "Thank you." He places her bag on the floor by her feet and faces the carousel, ready to pick up their other luggage. Yihwan, Steven, and the rest of the band's entourage approach them shortly after.

A strong arm casually wraps around Fi's shoulder, and her senses are filled with the unmistakable musky scent of Yihwan's cologne. The band leader rubs her arm. "How many hours till we get to the hotel? You look like you're going to drop any minute."

"Three hours. Ish."

"Sleep in the van then."

"I'll be fine, Yihwan."

"I find that hard to believe," he says, matter-of-factly. Yihwan stretches his free arm out until he's able to snatch Steven's neck pillow away with a quick tug. The drummer spins on his heel. "Yihwan, I swear to god I'm going to k—"

The rest of Steven's death threat remains unsaid when Yihwan puts the pillow around Fi's neck. Slow on the uptake, Fi's hands reach for the soft cushion before she realizes what just happened.

"Hey, it's okay." Fi attempts to take the neck pillow off, but Steven waves his hand 'no.'

"No, no—you use it. It's fine."

"But you were going to do what to me?" Yihwan asks, taunting the drummer.

Steven flashes Fi the sweetest smile in his arsenal before flashing Yihwan an "I'm watching you" hand signal.

Fi shakes her head as Yihwan and Steven step away from her and begin squabbling over their luggage. Minchan, who remains standing by the carousel, simply watches his hyung-deul make asses out of themselves. He turns to Fi with a "What the hell is going on?" expression, and she responds with a shrug.

Yup, she tells herself, smiling. I really did miss this.