First Kiss? Last Kiss?

"I will find you.

In the farthest corner, I will find you."

Mary E. Pearson,

Anger blazed in Harley's eyes as her gaze settled on Cassie. The little bat pulled off her black face hugging mask, a grin stretching from ear to ear. "You chose, Harley. You knew the consequences."

A mischievous sparkle filled Kara's eyes as she looked over at Harley and leaned over, then she whispered in the pale woman's ear, "kissing me is that bad?"

"What? No!" Harley stuttered. "We--we just met and you are..." Harley swallowed and stared into Kara's eyes. "This..." She waved her hands like a lunatic, gesturing in Kara's direction.

Kara leaned back; her eyes narrowed in mock offense. "This?" Kara copied Harley's manic waving. "What's this?" She tried to maintain a serious tone, but the edges of her mouth started to turn up in a smile and a soft chuckle started deep in her throat. All the rest of the Birds joined her as the Maid of Might started to laugh heartily at Harley's embarrassment.

Harley looked around the room, her cheeks glowing a deep pink. "I hope you are all enjoying this."

Together, all the girls looked directly at Harley and laughed, "we are!"

Harley crossed her arms and a pout came to her lips. "Just for that, no. I'll take my lumps."

"In Rao's name, Harley Quinn, I had no idea you were such a prude," Kara snorted. She moved closer and took Harley's cheeks between her palms then leaned in close.

Harley froze and her eyes widened in surprise as she gasped, "are we doing this?"

"Unless you'd rather say no," Kara quipped. "Do you want to kiss me, Harls?"

"Yes..." Harley breathed out as her eyes fluttered close and Kara's soft pink lips landed on hers.

Seconds later, two sets of eyes popped open and Kara and Harley jumped away from one another. They gazed at each other, then Kara snorted and Harley giggled.

"It was like kissing my sister," Kara chortled. "Oh Rao, Harley, I'm so sorry."

"You-you're sorry, blondie!" Harley laughed out loud. "I just wrecked a doctor/patient relationship with the biggest hero on the planet." She was still laughing when she rolled off the couch, landing soundly on her ass.

"That's going to leave a mark," Kara snorted as she began to float.

Kate and the Birds just stared in stunned silence at the two women rolling in laughter.

>>>

Slowly, the room started to clear. Kate and Helena disappeared first, staggering through the door and disappearing. Dinah was next, talking on the phone with someone named Oliver as she headed out into the hallway. Renee was the last one to depart, pulling on a leather jacket as she ran down the steps, something about having to meet someone at a crime scene.

Cassie had fallen asleep on one of the chairs, still wearing her Batgirl uniform and snoring softly. Kara's gaze passed over the young woman and landed on Harley. She leaned over and whispered, "do all of you sleep here?"

"Yeah, we all have bedrooms downstairs, but me and Cassie are the only ones that actually sleep here." Harley answered with a smile, then as if someone changed a television channel she blurted out, "hey, I'm hungry, you want pizza?"

"I'm always hungry, the advantage of being a walking solar battery," Kara giggled, rolling easily from one subject to another with Harley. "You order, and I will go pick up, okay?" Kara stood and walked over to Cassie. "First, I'm going to take her to bed," Kara whispered over her shoulder as she lifted Cassie easily and floated across the room, towards the stairway.