A Proposal and Ring

Hermione’s POV

The booklets were finally here. She was sitting in her living room with Ginny, ready to read and discuss all the notes they were going to check out. Hermione and Ginny had been closer than ever these past few days. The news of who they were required to marry had shocked them both greatly and, with both of them being girls, they hung together in this extremely hard time.

“Shall we start then?”, asked Ginny after Hermione had brought them both coffee. Hermione nodded and sitting near Ginny, she opened the booklet and started reading.

In this booklet there is all the information you need about this new Marriage Law. Anything not mentioned before will be written in bold.

You have a year to get to know your partner and get married. Failing to do this in the given time will cause nothing good. Your wand will be taken and you will be kicked out of the Magical Community, with no chance of being accepted among us again.

After getting married, you will have another year to conceive a child with your partner. Refusal to do so will result in the same consequences mentioned before. Do not worry if you have problems conceiving. You’ll be given all the time you need, until successful.

You are to be warned that you are most definetly going to be surprised by what the man are going to do later on this week. DO NOT BE ALARMED! MAN HAVE NOT GONE MAD!

Under no condition is harming your partner accepted. There isn’t any type of punishment for that but be warned that when your partner is feeling any type of pain, you will feel it too. It will be like a sort of bond.

The two partners cannot stay away from each other for longer than three days, without starting to feel the symptoms of exhaustion.

Cheating on your assigned partner is not acceptable so we must ask you to end any current relationships you might have. Cheating will cause huge, painful pimples to sprout out in every part of your body(it is not very pleasurable so be warned).

These are all the necessary rules you need to know for the good of yourself, your partner and your soon to be marriage.

       We, at the Ministry wish you good luck for your future marriage!

“Isn’t this lovely?”, asked Ginny sarcastically. “And what surprise do you think we should expect from man? I don’t think it’s anything ordinary, judging by the huge warning they wrote!” Hermione nodded, totally agreeing with her best friend.

“We’ll just have to wait and see! I hope it’s not anything public…”, said Hermione starting to look worried. She might have accepted that she was stuck with Malfoy for a partner, but that didn’t mean that she liked it and that she wanted the whole, wide world to know. Ginny looked worried too but she pulled herself together and smiled reassuringly at her. Hermione knew that Ginny was very upset with this upcoming marriage. From what she could understand, Blaise had never been that friendly to Ginny and had also called her a ‘blood-traitor’ a couple of times. She also knew that he was best friends with Draco Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson, which meant nothing good.

“Don’t worry, Ginny. We’ll be okay as long as we stick with the other two. We have to keep strong and help each other during this difficult time!”, encouraged Hermione. “I know how you’re feeling; it’s the same with me. I know that you are not happy with the partner they chose for you… do you think I wanted them to choose Malfoy for me? But we’re stuck with them so we have to keep strong. We’ll be fine as long as we have each other! And never forget Harry and Ron”, finished Hermione. Ginny smiled at this.