25

Hana was on a train to Liverpool. Why is she on the train to Liverpool, you may ask. Because she's absolutely smitten for this one guy. Which she won't admit to anyone, not even herself. It all started as a prank on their friends. But as those things go, she realized she definitely still had feelings for Trent.

So now, she was sitting on a train to Liverpool.

Somehow, she still felt nervous about meeting up with Trent. Even though they've been hanging out so often, her friends joked she spent more time with him than her own roommates.

At first it was weird. Imagine spending so much time with your ex, but gradually they went back to how they were before they started dating. Just two friends. Nothing more, nothing less.

Someone touched Hana's shoulder. As she looked up she saw a nice looking old lady, who gestured to take out her earbuds.

"Hello, darling, i didn't want to bother you," she stopped for a moment, considering if she should continue." But you look troubled, and I think everybody needs someone to talk things out."

As she finished her sentence, Hana smiled at her. She took it as a sign to sit next to her.

"My name is Hana."

"Hello, Hana, my name is Ana. So tell me about what's troubling you."

"I don't know where to start." The girl looked puzzled.

"Okay you don't need to talk right now." Ana smiled at the girl.

They sat in silence for 5 minutes, while Hana tried to gather up her thoughts. How can a person just come up to a person and offer them to talk about their worries…

"Um, I'm going to see my ex boyfriend, which should be weird. Right?" She looked at Ana.

"It's not necessarily weird." The old lady stopped for a moment." Unless you yourself think it's weird."

"I don't know what to think. We went four years without contact, and then all of the sudden we are friends again."

"You say again.. were you friends before dating."

"Yes. We started dating when we were fifteen about to turn sixteen. But we've been friends since eleven.

"Ah… classic friends to lovers to friends again…"

"Are you comparing my relationship to a book?!" Hana yelped.

"No…."

"You so are."

"Do you know how those books end?" The woman asked.

"I'm not gonna say it, you're just like my friends."

"They end up together happily ever after."

"It's not gonna end up like that." Hana was getting frustrated.

"Where are you going again?" The girl sighted at the older woman's words.

"To visit him…"

"Why are you doing it?"

"Just because he asked me if his day goes wrong I can be there in person to comfort him."

"And you are telling me, you don't at least fancy him a bit?"

Hana went quiet for a moment. Maybe she did like him… no, that surely can't be it, or can it?

"Okay, maybe I did spend like an hour searching for a teddy bear that he gave me like ages ago, just to give it back to him. But that doesn't mean that I fancy him." The old lady just started shaking her head.