14

Hana always thought outside the box. Once when she was eleven years old, she had an idea to pack a toaster and some toast for lunch when going to school. That's how she and Trent met, Trent wanted a toast and agreed not to snitch about her bringing a toaster to school. Trent got his toast, but Hana was less lucky. While her bread was in the toaster the teacher stormed into the room where they were hiding. Safe to say Hana never got her toast, but made a friend for life.. well that's what she thought.

So when Hana decided to go to Liverpool, the city she lived from the age of 11 up until her family moved when she was 18, she expected it to go smoothly like all of her dumb and not well thought out plans. It didn't.

When the girl got to the city, where she spent the majority of her life, a wave of nostalgia hit her. So like a normal person she spent the whole day visiting her favorite hang out spots. But what she didn't consider is the time…

Now it was 10pm and the last train to London left an hour and a half ago. She didn't have any relatives or friends living in Liverpool that she could stay at, so that left her with one option and she didn't like it. For twenty minutes, before texting Trent, she had to hype herself up.

What's the worst that can happen she thought to herself. So here she was, waiting for her childhood best friend, turned boyfriend, turned ex boyfriend, turned kinda a friend? to pick her up. She hasn't seen him in four years. They were 18 year olds when they broke up, little kids who thought that the whole world was against them.

And like always Trent was late. Twenty minutes my ass. It was 30 minutes since he said it would take him twenty minutes, and like ten minutes since she had turned on her location so he could find her easier.

Car door closing pulled her from her thoughts. There in front of her stood Trent.

"So are you getting in or not?"

"Nah, i decided to spend my time outside at night until trains start going again." Hana said while getting into the car.

"Some things never change i guess."

Hana rolled her eyes, of course he would bring up their past, while Trent just laughed at her reaction.

"You really should just relax, like what happened, happened. No need to act like those years where the worst of your life" Trent really didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

"Just drive"

"Where?"

"Does it look like i have money to stay anywhere?" Instantly Hana felt stupid. She's sitting in her ex boyfriend's car, late at night, hoping that he will let her stay in his house. Doesn't that sound just pathetic…

"Do you want to stay at my house?" He blurted out quickly," well I mean you don't have to, it's like i don't know.. just a suggestion." He continued to ramble.

"Yeah okay." Hana quickly agreed.

"I would understand if you didn't wan-.." Trent suddenly realized what she said," shit.. i didn't think you will agree so easily. Well okay let's go"

If you would have told Hana a year ago, that she would be sitting in her ex boyfriend's car driving to his house to stay a night, she would have laughed at your face. Four years of no contact and here she is…

If you would have told Trent a year ago, that he would be letting his ex girlfriend to stay the night at his house, he would have said yeah not surprised. Trent, unlike Hana, always had that glimmer of hope that they would somehow reconnect. It's not that Hana didn't want that, no definitely no, it's that Hana always liked to think that she was being realistic.

Hana glanced at Trent. He looked good, like insanely good. Of course she wouldn't admit it to anyone, but her mind was always occupied by Trent. It's weird because she didn't have reasons to think about him. They didn't talk a lot outside of the group chat.

Slowly, while she was thinking about her very complicated relationship with Trent, she began to fall asleep.

The drive to Trent house took 25 minutes. So when Trent parked in his garage he was surprised to look at Hana and see that she's asleep. Trent couldn't stop himself from admiring the girl.

Focus Trent said to himself.

"Hana?" He said softly," Hana please wake up. We are already here." Hana wouldn't budge.

"Hana… please don't make me do this." What Trent didn't know, was that Hana was awake, and trying not to smile. Can you blame her, it's not everyday when you can get a fit guy to carry you inside.

Trent finally gave up on trying to get her to wake up. He got out of the car and walked around to the passengers side.

Right now the hard part he thought to himself. He stood there looking at her for 2 minutes and trying to figure out how to pick her up so there's less chances of her waking up.

He finally managed to pick her up and he started walking towards the guest bedroom. He almost dropped her about four times and then struggled with opening every door. Like seriously why did his house have to have so many doors. And after what felt like 20 minutes, he finally placed her on the bed.

As he was about to walk out of the room, Hana stirred.

"Hey Trent, do you think you can, like give me clothes to change to?" She said in her best sleepy voice.

"Yeah sure. I will be back in like few minutes." And with that he left the room.

When Trent returned, he wasn't wearing what he was wearing before. He changed into sweatpants and a loose white shirt.

"Here you go. They are going to be of course loose, but should be comfortable." He handed her a hoodie and shorts.

"Thanks." Hana smiled at him." Like I'm not even kidding I'm so thankful for you today. I don't know what i would have done."

"That's what friends are for." He flashed his famous smile at her.

"Okay, enough of that sappy shit. Get out i need to change and go to bed."

"Good night."

Genuinely sorry if this is shit. I cannot write irl stuff. Also this fic hit 1k and it's like insane, because i started it because i had no friends to hang out and I was bored, so seeing it succeed is insane.

Liverpool game = me being miserable. It was not bad it was just disappointing. While I'm writing this I'm watching PSG game. And all i can say is that you can never be disappointed by a PSG game. They are my safe space.

Also i have noticed that i on accident made OC's name practically the same as Trent's irl girlfriend's, so just so you guys know it was on accident.