Questions From @Bcconway19

How did you first find your love for writing?

I always wanted to be a writer. Before I learned how to write, when I was three and four, I was telling stories, or making my grandma and mom write them down for me. It was just something I always wanted to do.

What was the first short story or book you wrote?

The first short story I remember writing I was about eight or nine, and it was about a girl that wanted to find a home because her parents were gone, and she kept changing her name everywhere she went.

How do you come up with your plot lines and characters? Do you have a specific creative process?

I start by brainstorming with a notebook and pen, writing down basic ideas for plots and characters. Books, for me, usually start with an image or character, or maybe a scene, and the world builds out from there. Then I outline extensively and characters descriptions. I also take notes about other important things, like settings or words that are specific to their world.

Do you ever get writers block? If so, how do you over come it?

I find that most writer's block can be overcome by turning off the internet, removing all distractions, and forcing yourself to sit in front of the computer until you write something.

What is your favorite book that you have ever read?

Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut.

Who's your favorite muppet character? (Personally I love Animal!)

Gonzo, though Animal isn't a bad choice either.

Is it hard to come up with an amazing plot line, characters?

I don't ever now if they're amazing, and I'm constantly questioning it, so the "amazing" part is very hard. But as for just coming up with ideas, it varies. Some ideas and characters happen quickly, and others take time form.