Question From @Dat_Kawaii_Girl

I just wanted to say that your an amazing writer!! Even though I've only read one of your books, (Frostfire) I already love you so much, and I can't wait for the next book, Ice Kissed to come out!! And my question is . . . If you had to kill on of your main characters, in any book, which one would you choose? And why? Also, what do you think is the most essential part of writing a book? And why? I am a beginner at writing and I hope to become as good you someday

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy Ice Kissed as much as you did Frostfire.

If I had to kill one of my characters it would be kind of a copout because I sorta of did, and then didn't. I originally envisioned Remy King, the heroine in the Hollows, dying at the end of Hollowland. But my mom loved the book, and asked me to write another one, so I decided to pull Remy back from the jaws of death. Sometimes, though, I wish I had still killed her off. She has a savior complex, so dying like that would've been fitting for her character.

The one essential part to writing a book is writing it. A book can be anything. The only real definition for is that it must be written and if you want to be considered a novel, it has to half a certain word length (usually over 70,000 words). But other than that, the story can be whatever you want it to be, so it's hard to say what an essential part of it would be.

Many writers will offer tips and tricks that work for them, to write the books they write. But with novels, there are really no rules – as long as the story is coherent. (And even Pygmy by Chuck Palahnuik pushes that boundary of coherent).

Best of luck to you on you're writing!