♡ 13. Blood-covered flower ♡

After everyone had woken up, we scattered sound the city to try and find any sign of Narancia or the arrow. Trish decided to go with me, saying something about keeping an eye on my mental state. I'm sane, I'm perfectly fine, there's nothing wrong with me. Why would she think otherwise?

"Y/N, are you worried?" Am I worried? Does she think I'm worried?

"OF COURSE I AM! Narancia is missing! He fought something or someone while I was busy being drunk on his bed! Everything must be my fault, right? All of it is-"

"Y/N?"

"-my fault. I shouldn't have been drinking it to begin with-"

"Y/N...?"

"-He shouldn't have to go through that on his own, he-"

"Y/N! SHUT UP." I did, in fact, shut up. Trish can be scary sometimes.

"....Okay."

"This isn't your fault, when we got back yesterday, Abbacchio and Bucciarati had already started drinking. We joined in without a thought and I forced the drink onto you. It's not your fault for drinking, and Narancia knows it too. If he didn't try to wake you up this morning, it must just mean he wanted to protect you." Trish's words were straightforward but very comforting. The tone of her voice was clear but also soft.

"But, he's in danger now. We're walking here, completely fine while he could be-" I didn't even want to finish the sentence. I didn't want to say it. What if I said it and it turned out to be true?

"Y/N, don't worry. We'll find him, and the arrow."

"Screw the arrow. Bucciarati can find it himself. I want to- I need to find Narancia." Trish didn't say anything more after that, but I know she understood. She understood how important it was for me.

~~~

"Y/N, it's been three hours, can we-"

"I'm not going home."

"...I was only going to suggest we get a drink."

"Oh, yeah I suppose we do need it. There's a convenience store across the street." Trish nodded and we walked into the store. Our plans were to find some water battles and then keep going, but that quickly changed.

"Y/N." I looked over at Trish who had her eyes set on a some apples. "Don't look, but there's a woman at the register. Carefully try to take a glimpse at her back pocket. I did as she told, only moving my eyes and not my head. There was a tall woman. Her long, brown hair reached down to her waist and her legs were tall and skinny. She seemed to have charmed the cashier as he didn't notice her taking some stuff from behind the counter. What caught my eye the most, was what stuck out from the pocket of her skirt. It was a pocket knife, but not just any pocket knife. It was the exact same one Narancia had. How did I know it was his? Because it had very specific marks on it from his previous fights.

"We have to follow her." Trish looked at me with a 'what the actual fuck' look.

"Are you out of your mind? We need to tell Mista or Bucc-" I stopped listening, putting all my focus on the woman to my left. The second she walked away, I swiftly followed her. I didn't need to look back to know that Trish wasn't far away either.

We didn't walk far until we stopped at a flower shop. We let the woman walk ahead before we entered it too. The shop was large and filled with flowers, plants and even tiny trees. It was difficult to get a good look at the whole store so I nodded to Trish, indicating that we'd walk different ways to see where the woman went.

"Looking for something?" A feminine voice was heard from somewhere.

"Yeah, a woman who just walked in here." Trish answered from behind a plant.