Chapter 10

The clan cats approached the waterfall that lead to the tribe, with a heavy sigh, W/n pushed through the waters and looked around.

Immediately she was greeted by hostile glares and hisses, FeatherTail came to her side and they intertwined their tails.

Crag quickly went to fetch StoneTeller, and the brown tabby left the cave of pointed stones, his gaze landing on the clan cats.

StoneTeller stared at them, anger in his amber eyes. W/n looked up at him, unfazed by his aggression, "we have lost so many because you didn't help! Why should we listen now?!"

"Because this is the only chance that the tribe has," W/n meowed, looking at the cats who watching them with unmoving eyes. "Do you really want the tribe to go out like this?"

"SquirrelPaw," StormFur spoke quietly, "show them." The ginger she-cat carried a wad of leaves and placed them down, revealing red berries.

"The plan is to put these in a mountain hare," SquirrelPaw stated, a kit then waddled over, sniffing the berries. "If anything eats them, they will be poisoned and killed," SquirrelPaw explained as she shooed the kit away.

"I'm the healer of this tribe," StoneTeller meowed as he stared at the berries, "but none of my knowledge has been of use against SharpTooth, how can those berries defeat it?"

"Deathberries can kill even the most strongest," W/n flicked her tail slightly, "three will be enough."

StoneTeller looked at the ground, seemingly lost in thought, then talon thrusted his way to the front with his companions, "why have you come back?!"

The tribe yowled at their former tribe mates, W/n hissed at them, ready to defend the outlaws.

"The silver cat has come," he stated, "now is the time to act, and if this plan fails then you have the right to kill us."

StoneTeller finally agreed to the plan, and SquirrelPaw quickly stuffed a hare with the red berries. "I hope this works..." FeatherTail sighed, "I can't wait to leave this place and go back to RiverClan."

"Me too," W/n agrees as she leaned close to her mate, "I just hope that every clan is doing fine..."

Talon, Rock and Bird rushes out of the cave, ready to lure the mountain lion to the tribe. "Okay, we need to find a place to hide-"

Before they could do anything however SharpTooth bursted through the waterfall, roaring loudly.

Every tribe cat quickly ran to the cave of pointed stones for safety, leaving the clan cats with the big hungry mountain lion.

W/n and CrowPaw were left in the centre of the cave, SharpTooth completely ignored the hare, it's eyes stared at the apprentice with drool coming out of its mouth.

"Stay away from him!" W/n growled as her claws unsheathed, of course she couldn't take out such a large cat but if she was going to die, it'll be now.

Meanwhile FeatherTail had climbed up the rocky ledges of the cave with her brother, high above the large cat. she could hear whispering as she stared wide eyed at the stalagmites that hung from the ceiling.

"I have to do this," she breathed, her brother shot her a look. "I can hear the voices clearly now..."

She stared back at her mate and friend, trapped in a corner by the mountain lion.