Chapter 9

BrambleClaw flicked his tail towards his companions, W/n crouched close beside him and FeatherTail was on her other side. "How long should we stay here?"

"I believe we should leave soon," TawnyPelt meowed as she casted glances to the tribe, StormFur nodded.

SquirrelPaw's tail lashed as she stared at Crag at the entrance of the cave, "that's if they will let us go..."

"I believe we should leave tomorrow," W/n meowed, looking towards TawnyPelt, "just for TawnyPelt to heal a little more."

"I'll be fine!" TawnyPelt insisted, FeatherTail shook her head. "We can't risk anything, leaving tomorrow is the best option."

CrowPaw nodded in agreement, staring at FeatherTail and W/n with admiration in his eyes.

With the sun beginning to set, the travelling cats each picked one of the sleeping hollows to rest in. FeatherTail nuzzled lovely beside her mate.

However, before they could sleep, Brook and Mist came towards the cats, "here, we wanted to make sure you were comfortable."

Brook gave a wad of feathers to StormFur, who thanked her with caution in his voice. Mist then approached the two she-cats huddled close to each other.

"Hello, W/n," the grey she-cat mewed shyly, a feather in her jaw, "I wanted to give you a little something."

W/n looked at her I'm surprised as the hawk feather was placed in the nest she and FeatherTail shared, "thank you Mist."

The she-cat's green eyes shone with happiness as her cheeks became dusted in pink. The two tribe hunters quickly left.

"She should watch where she puts her paws..." FeatherTail growled as her tail wrapped protectively around W/n.

The p/c she-cat scoffed, "don't worry about her, we are leaving tomorrow remember?" FeatherTail nodded before nuzzling W/n both she-cat's purred as they drifted into a peaceful sleep.

***

When dawn came, W/n was awake and grooming FeatherTail as BrambleClaw padded out of one of the hollows with a huge yawn.

"We'll have to stay longer, TawnyPelt's shoulder wound has opened up again," the brown tabby meowed to the she-cat's.

He quickly went to tell StoneTeller who had also woken up. W/n Heavily sighed, she missed her home and couldn't wait to feel the taste of fish on her tongue from the familiar river.

"Yes, you can hunt, but only with prey hunters," StoneTeller nodded as he answered a question from BrambleClaw.

Brooke looked at the ThunderClan cats and StormFur, "I'll take these three!"

Mist nodded, turning her attention to FeatherTail, W/n and CrowPaw, "and I'll lead these three."

FeatherTail rolled her eyes as each group followed the leader of their patrol. W/n sniffed the air, catching the smell of a shrew.

"Hold on," Mist meowed, the p/c she-cat was about to object until she heard screeching above. A hawk swooped down and grabbed the shrew in its talons.