Chapter 8

It had been a full day of travelling, W/n sat beside BrambleClaw as every cat was getting some sleep.

"I think CrowPaw has lost confidence in Purdy..." W/n whispered to the ThunderClan cat.

"He's never had confidence in Purdy, But TawnyPelt has he feeling the same about him too," BrambleClaw meowed as he looked at the elderly Tom fast asleep.

The two cats then looked at TawnyPelt, her shoulder wound was clearly becoming infected and it was causing her to lag behind.

"Here I'll take watch, you two get some sleep," StormFur was awake and sat in BrambleClaw's place. The brown tabby nodded and quickly fell asleep in his nest.

W/n went and laid beside FeatherTail and fell asleep as her mate curled her tail around her.

***

The p/c she-cat was prided awake by CrowPaw, FeatherTail yawned beside W/n, "we need to find a safe place for TawnyPelt, away from the twoleg place," CrowPaw growled.

"You have a point," FeatherTail mewed in agreement, BrambleClaw turned his attention to the three cats.

"I agree, but we have no choice but to follow Purdy," BrambleClaw meowed. W/n then noticed SquirrelPaw muttering to herself and licking her lips.

The p/c she-cat stretched and padded up to her, "something wrong?"

"There's a bitter taste in my mouth..." the ginger she-cat replied with a disgusted look.

W/n couldn't help but purr in amusement, "I wonder if you got a salt water sign!"

"It's not salt, but I don't know what it is," SquirrelPaw mumbled, TawnyPelt slowly rose from her nest.

Purdy then called for all cats to follow him, with sceptical glances to each other, they slowly trailed behind him.

Soon they were finally out of the twoleg nests and now at a Thunderpath with a wall on the other side. "come on youngsters, this way."

"We can't go the way you want to!" FeatherTail growled as she leaped in front of Purdy. "I've had enough!"

W/n flattened her ears, "FeatherTail please-"

"No, we can't go aimlessly around twoleg place with a wounded cat!" The silver tabby snapped at W/n.

"What are you talking about?" The old Tom questioned, there's a gap in the wall." Purdy then walked carelessly over the path and squeezed under the wall.

Everyone else followed and gasped at the sight, it was a grassy slope and beyond it was a forest.

"Have I done enough for you cats?" Purdy asked with a grunt. BrambleClaw nodded, "yes, thank you for your help."

The cats all settled down as StormFur, BrambleClaw and SquirrelPaw went hunting. FeatherTail licked TawnyPelt's shoulders gently.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you W/n," the Silver tabby mumbled shyly. "I've already forgiven you," the she-cat purred as she licked FeatherTail's ears.