Chapter 7

Jaemin and Aera intended to meet last week for their English project, but due to the unforeseen circumstance that is Renjun's presence looming over her, they decided to meet the following Monday, just two days after they were caught during their 'date'. This would explain why Jaemin and Aera were sitting across each other's desk, Jaemin turning the table in front of her around so they didn't have to share a single desk.

"Okay, on this part..." Jaemin points towards the piece of paper that they were assigned to write a report on, but her mind keeps on going blank.

She had always made it incredibly clear that Jaemin was nothing more than an idol to her. One that would bring her a sort of joy when she tired of school. In all honesty, she could've just stayed staring at him without trying to get closer. Yet here they were at the end of the school day finishing a project where her mind was wandering anywhere else but at the thing that they needed to do.

"Are you listening?" Jaemin raises his head to turn to look at her.

She hears it, that sound on her chest.

Aera shakes her head with a mischievous grin on her face.

Jaemin just chuckles at her before shaking his own head, nearly imitating her. "This is why we never get partnered up."

"Could you blame me, though?" Aera leans back on her chair. "I like it better when you play on the field, classmate Jaemin is a little different."

"Is it my voice again?"

It has always been his voice. "Now, if my voice made other people sleepy would it be my fault?"

Jaemin looks at her as if she was crazy for a second before making a snarky face at her. "Just focus on the project, please!" He throws his head back. "I want to go home too, you know."

"Are you going to meet up with Yuri?" Aera spews out what he has obviously been avoiding to tell her for some time now.

Jaemin's head instantly shot up and looks at her. It was clear that he was flustered with her statement as it was quite evident with his eyes growing bigger than usual. "W-What makes you think I'll meet up with her?" He was stuttering on his words.

Aera simply smiles at him. "Do you think I wouldn't notice?" She looks at him straight in the eye.

Jaemin pauses and leans back before looking away from her.

"I stick to Yuri like her extra hip and I watch you nearly everyday."

Jaemin's legs began to shake beneath the tables. "I was going to tell you," his response was much more of a whisper, "when things were certain between me and her."

Aera only smiles at him, it was a smile that she found hard to hide. There was a growing feeling in her, one that she feels when one of her younger cousins learn to follow her instructions or learn a song that she taught. There was a certain fondness in the way she was smiling at him.

Jaemin bites down on his lip and looks at her. "You know we really should be doing this," he lifts the paper up to her face. His face was turning a shade of red, one that she never thought she would see on him off the field.

"Alright," Aera snatches the paper from his hand, "then let's do this thing."

This time she was determined to only keep her head on the thing that ended up being done. Yet there was a certain uncomfortable feeling that was plaguing her stomach.

They were just about to finish, the thought never occurred to her that she could even finish it with the uncomfortable feeling in her stomach growing every second she was sitting there. Yet, they were just about to finish it.

Before they could finish further, Jaemin lifts his head. "Aera," he calls her attention making her look up at him, "one question."

"Go ahead."

"Just so I'm sure," it was obvious that he was hesitating, "you don't have–" The door to the classroom swings open with both their attention immediately getting eaten by the person standing by the door.

"Renjun?" Aera was the first to turn her head and notice the guy standing by the entrance of the room. She looked shocked because they didn't agree to seeing each other today.

It was quite evident that he was just as shocked as she was with him looking back and forth between Jaemin and Aera. "I didn't know you'd be here." With his eyes still unsure, he heads towards her and puts his hand over her shoulders as she sat down.

"Right," Jaemin looks between the two of them, "I didn't tell you the project I was doing was with Aera."

"Why are you here so late?" Aera turned her head to make sure that Renjun and her were making eye contact as she squirms her eyes in several directions and ways so that he could understand that he had definitely disturbed something very important.

"Jaemin and I were going to hang out after classes." Renjun looks at Jaemin with a forced smile on his face.

"On a monday?"

"You know what," Jaemin slowly nods his head, "you're right, Aera," he was such a bad actor, "it isn't a good habit to hang out on weekdays where we have classes tomorrow." Jaemin looked back down on the last few sentences that they had to form and finished it by himself while Aera and Renjun looked over at him the whole, nearly, thirty minutes.

"You didn't have to do that." Aera was still stunned to say anything as he cleaned up nearly the whole last paragraph that they should've done together.

"Well," Jaemin stands up from his seat and puts the paper into his bag and looks between them as if he had just completed the first feat of science, "I'll head home now."

"I thought we were–"

"The sun's about to set, Renjun, you should take Aera home." Jaemin puts his hand over his shoulder and smiles at him before rushing out of the classroom.

As soon as the door to the classroom closes, Renjun takes his hand off of Aera. He takes a deep sigh before taking the seat that Jaemin left empty.

"For someone who has no talent in acting," Renjun leans forward and looks at her while his head faces the door, "I think we have him fooled."

Aera goes quiet.

"Don't you think so?"

She shakes her head. "No, I think we got him." She shifts in her seat and exhales a load from her chest.

Renjun sits up properly and looks at her with his arms over this chest. "What did he ask you?"

"More like," she pauses as she licks her lips,"what was he supposed to ask me before you entered." Her head slowly turns towards the door taking deep breaths in and out as she tries to piece together what could've been the question that he was supposed to ask her.

"Well, it's still pretty early into this," Renjun points out between the two of them, "relationship. It just needs a little more time."

Aera knew Renjun was right, but there was something bothering her. Aside from that nauseating feeling she had earlier while she was talking to Jaemin, it was the sudden absence of it once she was left alone with Renjun.

"You know what," she hears the chair in front of her scratch against the floor, "we should get going. It's going to get dark soon."

How oddly calming Renjun's presence is to her.

~~~~~~~~

got sick over the weekend and couldn't upload both fangirl | renjun and crowned prince | hendery TT.TT

anyways, we're back to regular uploads 

vote, comment and follow \(o.o)/