Chapter 11 - Little Moments

"Oh, can i have a bite of that, i'm starving

"Oh, can i have a bite of that, i'm starving." I utter, grabbing Shala's folk from her hand, so that i can have abit of the potato salad that's in the ball in her hands.

"Hey, not all of it" She protests, when i keep eating.

"I thought you went out for lunch? Why are you still hungry?" Dawn wonders.

"We didn't have time to eat" i say absentmindedly.

"Then what were you doing? Oh my God! Did you..." she asks, making the demonstration with her fingers and i burst out laughing.

"Ewwww." Shala mumbles after looking at Dawn.

"What are you guys even talking about, i didn't know you left the hospital, where did you go?" she asks in confusion.

"No, we were just talking." I answer Dawn.

"Hello!! Talking to who?" Shala asks.

"She went out to have lunch with Aaron Bishop." Dawn says as she eats...popping the P at the end of his name.

"Wait, you are seeing him again? When did that happen? I thought you said you two are not gonna work out" Shala asks, remembering the last conversation i had with her after that night she saw me and him acting weird around her.

"Yes, and we talked Today." i say, standing up.

"Where are you going? You need to fill in the gaps here." She protests my departure behind me, when i start to leave.

"You can fill each other in..i have to be somewhere." I mutter.

*

I can't help that i feel warm and fuzzy in my chest and stomach after my conversation with Aaron earlier today.

I don't really know how things will play out, but i feel like this is nice too..just having these little moments that makes my heart full and happy when i think about someone.

Life is a journey full of ups and downs, at the end of which we take nothing with us..at the end of the day, all that really matters or what we remember is how every twist and turn made us feel..and i like how Aaron makes me feel right now.

"Well hello." I mouth, when i walk to Rafael's room, standing by the door, and notice that there is another doctor already attending to him.

I haven't checked on him since the day before yesterday, and just wanted to see how he was getting along, since i don't have any pressing matter on my plate right now.

"Well, well, look who decided to show up." he says sulkily.

"Hai." i say, standing inside the room, but near the door, out of the way of the other doctor.

"Scrubs have never looked so sexy." he says and i frown, then blush, when the doctor, writing a few notes in his chart finally looks back to see who he is referring too.