Chapter 2 - Flustered

When I get home, the familiar quietness that i have become accustomed to greets me

Marco and Ella decided to spend the first year after their marriage on their own, before coming to permanently stay here at the mansion....and as it stands, they still have a good six months left before that time ends.

My sister Lola graduated from college, and craved for some independence and space to be on her own for a while, so she took a job in New York city for the next two years, and only comes home once in a while, which only leaves me and our parents alone in this enormous house, and they have finally slowed down from their travels such that they now spend alot more time at home.

The mansion is enormous, if we wanted, we wouldn't even have to be in each others space at all, but Mom likes to be in face alot, often waiting up for me when she knows i'm coming home while pretending that she was busy doing this or that and that's what kept her up..but i know she does it so that she can check up on me, often asking if i'm ok, or if i need anything that she can help me with.

Dad finds her 'Mothering' unnecessary, so do i as well as the rest of my siblings when she does it to them, especially now that we all have our own lives to lead, but i know alot of her actions now stems from guilt.......There was a long period when our parents were too busy to be adequately involved in our lives, and so now, they are trying to make up for lost times.

The only problem is that i'm the only one here right now, so even though i know the intention is good, i feel suffocated with all the attention and love that i'm receiving on behalf of everyone, that ultimately feels like an intrusion of my personal space.

I could always move out, but my parents won't always be around, and the house is too previous, too invaluable for all of us to abandon, because even when Marco and Ella move here, it will still be too much for just the two of them..so we'll see.

Walking into the entrance hall, Emilio, walks up to me, ready to take my briefcase from my hand like he usually does.

"Good evening." he smiles.

"Evening Emilio?" i ask, rubbing my neck.

"TV room" he says, even before i ask and i nod.

"Shall i have your dinner served?" he asks.

"No, i'm good....."I say.

"Goodnight Emillio." i add, scratching my eyebrow briefly, as i dismiss him and let him know that there is nothing else i will need from him tonight.

"Goodnight." he responds, taking my case to the office, before he retires to bed himself.

I walk to the TV room and stand by the door, leaning against the frame.

My parents are sitting on a couch together, reading something from a book.

I smile at the sight... Mom has her back pressed against Dad's side, and he in turn has his hand rubbing her upper knee area.