Chapter 40 - DNA

I have developed a habit of staring at my reflection in the mirror every morning. I would raise my shirt up and stare at my belly, which is completely ridiculous because I'm still a long way to showing any significant sighs of pregnancy yet......but I do it anyway, and as if that wasn't enough, Aaron has a habit of rubbing my belly every chance he gets.

I have to admit that the time we have been living together has been amazing for our relationship.

I have especially enjoyed the little things about him that I never thought about before, like the way he yawns and rubs his eyes at the end of the day when he is tired, or the way he cracks his knuckles when he is talking about something serious, or the way he brushes his teeth with his thumb hooked in the waist band of his sweats, I even like watching the way he changes into something more comfortable at the end of the day.....the way his pulls his belt out of his pants, it's probably an automatic reflex action that he doesn't have to think about, but I find it fascinating to watch.

I especially love how he picks up after me. Getting dressed is not my strongest suit, and no matter how early I wake up, I always end up in a rush to avoid being late for work...hence I would always leave something in my trial, a hairbrush on the dressing table, a misplaced shoe on the floor, or shirt lying on the bed.

I can't tell if this annoys Aaron, but when I finally get to doing it, I find that he has already put everything back in its place.

The idea of living with him terrified me at first, but I find myself increasingly looking forward to going home at the end of each day, and today, I walk into the apartment a little past 9ppm and find him in the bedroom, lying flat on his back with his phone in his hands.

I notice that the TV is on, and I figure that he probably made another poor attempt at watching TV but ended up abandoning the idea in place of his phone.

Putting my bag on the table in my room, I toss my phone next to him on the bed and climb up over him.

Pushing his hands apart, I place mine on his chest, closer to his neck and kiss him.

He smiles against my lips and wraps his around me.

"If it isn't my favorite person in the world." I say.

"Mmmhh, another late night?" he says instead.

I sit up next to him and tuck my hair behind my ear.

"I was just about ready to leave, but then this patient we had been watching went into cadiac arrest and so we had to deal with that." I say.

"Aren't there other doctors to deal with that?" He asks softly.

His tone is calm and soft, but I know enough about him to tell when he is displeased about something.

"They had other things to deal with....it happens, it's part of my job, sometimes I can't get off when I should." I say, while his eyes search my face.

"But I'm Fine...I promise." I say to reassure him.

I woke up feeling bloated, and abit nauseous, but I still went for work because unless it's really severe, these are things expected of pregnant women, but life has to keep moving.

Before he can respond, the doorbell rings.

We both look at each other in total surprise because at this time of the night, neither one of us is expecting any visitors.

He stands up before me and starts to walk to the door.

As I stand up to join him, my phone rings, and I find that it's Gemma.

'Hello'

'Hey babe, are you home or at the hospital?'

'Home....why?'