Rodi 1.3

After the fiasco had calmed down and the emperor and boy made themselves even more comfortable on the throne, the emperor looked down at Roger. Rodi had used magic to hide his horns at the request of Claude so the duke and guards had no idea that Rodi was a demon. The duke started to bring up the topics that needed the Emperor's decision. It was one after another and Rodi was slowly starting to feel bored about it.

How could a human be so boring?

Rodi glared at the white haired human.

Noticing Rodi's boredom, Claude waved his hand at the duke. The duke understood that the Emperor was ordering him to fast forward to the last topic and they would reschedule the topics they hadn't gone over.

"The nobles are worried about the future of the empire."

Rodi's brow twitched in annoyance.

"The throne needs an heir, your majesty."

Claude frowned in distaste but could not refute. He knew that he would need to find someone who was not power hungry and could provide an heir. The problem was that he didn't want to be tied by law with someone he didn't even love. He didn't want to be with someone who couldn't be with him forever. He didn't want another happening like Diana.

"Shut up! Claude does not need a woman!"

Rodi rudely argued in annoyance.

Duke Alpheus was surprised by the rudeness and frowned. How disrespectful!

"Children should not interrupt important conversations."

Rodi gasped at the rudeness of the human.

"How dare you call me a child! I am Claude's Pap—!"

Claude covered Rodi's mouth with ease and glared at Roger.

"Don't bring up the need for an empress."

The emperor ordered and the duke began to rebuke.

"But your majesty!"

Claude stopped the duke from complaining by raising his hand.

"It is not something for you to worry about. This person will be taking the empress's throne."

The emperor placed his hand on Rodi's shoulder and the demon nodded in agreement.

"That's right! I will be... doing what?"

Realizing what Claude had just said, Rodi tilted his head in confusion. Rodi was Claude's father. They were not related by blood but Rodi had adopted Claude so he was a father. A father was not the son's bride but they were not blood related so maybe it was alright? Or maybe humans could marry their foster parents...

While Rodi was lost in his thoughts, Roger and Claude continued the conversation.

"His name is Rodi, a great magician."

Roger seemed to disagree.

"Your majesty, please reconsider. An empress must come from noble blood and be the mother of the empire. Someone with a questioning background would only worry the citizens."

Claude sighed.

"Have I not proved that I am able to run the entire empire well enough. An empress of my choosing will not ruin the empire."

"But —!"

"YES! It would only make sense for me to be the empress!"

Rodi suddenly yelled out which rudely interrupted the duke, who glared at Rodi. Rodi didn't notice it and turned to Claude.

"I'm your Pa—" Claude covered Rodi's mouth and the demon quickly moved it away, "and the son of a great king! I am capable of giving us a child! I am perfect in any way possible! We have already slept in the same bed and gave each other smooches! We did what human husband and human wife do behind doors. We only have to get married. I'm going to call my big brother to help us with the ceremony!"

Rodi jumped off Claude's lap and ran out of the audience room, leaving a wordless Emperor and a duke who misunderstood everything.

Claude silently stood up and left the audience room. He did not bother correcting the misunderstanding and went after Rodi, to help prepare the ceremony.

***

The emperor found Rodi on the floor with maids standing on the side. Papers and ink surrounded Rodi as the demon was scribbling away in annoyance.

"Why is this so hard to write with!"

Rodi complained as he broke another quilt.

"What are you doing?"

Claude asked as he sat on the floor beside Rodi while he ignored the shocked gasps from the maids.

"I am writing a ceremony invitation to father and my brothers and sisters!"

Claude frowned. He could already imagine the Fairy King's reaction but did not care. Rodi was his now. The contract was a life contract. Rodi was bound to Claude.

"That aside, you will have to wear a wedding dress."

Rodi cringed at the thought.

"I am a man."

Rodi reasoned as he looked at Claude. 'How dare you say I wear a dress' look.

Claude hummed as he tucked Rodi's hair behind his ear.

"You are becoming the empress. To become an empress, you would be taking a woman's place. So you could wear a dress for the wedding."

Rodi grumbled in displeasure, he was not agreeing.

"It would make me happy as well?"

Claude added.

"A dress it is."

Rodi agreed. Anything his son wanted.