Rodi 0.9

"A contract with a fairy is only temporary and like any other spirits."

Claude listened intently to Geminas's lecture.

"But in your case, your highness, it might as well be eternal. Usually, once the contract is created, the mana of the spirit and the contractor become one. If they have the same wavelength, it does not affect the contractor or spirit in any way. The problem lies when one pair has more mana than the other which is your situation, your highness."

Geminas sighed and pushed up his glasses before he started to draw on the chalkboard and continued explaining.

"Your highness already had a big amount of mana but Rodi just had double of it. Your mana had doubled when the contract was finalized. So while you have a large pool of mana, your body has become fragile trying to contain that mana. Think of it as an elastic bag of water. The bag expanded to the point of almost exploding. So if Rodi uses any high-class magic – which he hopefully won't – then your body would most likely break down. If it's just magic for hiding or moving, simple everyday magic, you might feel tired and maybe even dizzy."

Claude nodded and was deep in thought.

"Is there anything I can do?"

"I wouldn't worry since your body is already getting used to the mana but hastening the process is for you to train with it as well. I've already strictly told Rodi not to use high-class magic unless there is a desperate situation so we could start tomor–"

Geminas paused when he heard a wet gurgle and the sound of liquid splashing the floor. He turned around to look at the surprised Claude with red staining his mouth, hands, and clothes.

"Y-Your highness?"

"Ro... Rodi."

It was the last thing Claude had muttered before falling over. Geminas ran to Claude and yelled for doctors and healers while he pressed his hand over Claude's head. The mana was running rampant which made Geminas start extracting mana from Claude. Geminas felt his blood run cold as he saw Claude's face run paler as time passed and the dread that kept whispering to him behind his ears about an unfortunate event that happened to Rodi kept Geminas on the verge of tears.

It felt like an eternity but when healers had arrived, Claude's mana started to stabilize. Believing that healers would be able to take over the situation, Geminas left the prince to the healers and ran in search of Rodi.
When Geminas saw his little brother all pale and clinging to the emperor, Geminas was in despair. He never had seen his little devil brother so unenergetic.

"Rodi!"

Geminas called out and immediately looked for any wounds. He noticed a few scratches but it was not the first time Geminas had seen scratches on his little brother. Rodi never cried over scratches and they healed under a day. The mana fluctuations were a sign of mental stability but being in the human world and hiding his identity, Geminas could not help but beg for forgiveness to the emperor, who quickly dismissed it and let them go.

The older brother thanked the emperor and opened his arms for his little demon to dive into. Geminas could only be glad that nothing major happened.

***

Claude was bedridden.

He was either burning up or extremely cold. The cause of this was because of Rodi, who had used magic and the little devil knew he was the cause of this.

The fairy was already feeling guilty because of the child that was possessed by the monster, but now he felt like he was a criminal. He never wanted for Claude to be hurt but despite his wishes, he had hurt Claude.