"What goes around, comes around" (Part 2)

It was supposed to be his day X, his star hour, his moment of fame in it's full glory – ever since his students had suggested this idea of him being a great candidate for the Moordale's headmaster position, Colin's mind was occupied with the images of him having a comfortable black leather armchair, a bunch of guitars and other instruments to play with during lunch breaks and his very own big desk to have sex with Emily on...and continue doing his professional duty of course.

The hope of getting a promotion to the role of headmaster had quickly died once it was announced that Moordale will be sold to developers and just as fast got reignited by the school board's member Mark contacting him about his opinion on applying for this new job the next day given that he was searching for the candidates from amongst the school's current teachers. Assuming that he will be the board's most obvious choice, for some reason Colin had completely ignored the lack of calls with messages and expected them to announce his appointment during the assembly like at the Oscars ceremony to keep the element of surprise not only for the students, but for him as well.

When Emily had walked up on the stage and received a peck on the cheek from Peter, something clicked in his brain – his heart was telling him to be proud of his girlfriend, cause her happiness is his happiness and yet his mind continued spinning around the thought of Emily knowing about her appointment and intentionally keeping it as a secret from him, making him feel all specter of emotions: anger, jealousy, frustration, disappointment, he even wanted to jump up on the stage and slap the shit out of Michael's brother.

Walking down the hallway to his biology class with a glazed look on his face Mr. Hendricks tried to focus on the positives to keep his head clear of these dark thoughts – the school's safe and not going anywhere soon, meaning that 'his kids' he grew to love so much not moving away either and that's the most important thing, so all he had to do is just accept that...he's still an ordinary teacher and Emily's his new boss. Some of the students were already waiting for him in the classroom, sitting behind their desks and loudly chattering about this morning's assembly, expecting Mr. Hendricks to join them and finally have some fun by telling his dad jokes he'd stored in his arsenal or having a long interesting conversation about something not related to the school subject since Hope wasn't around to threaten him with his job and he'd received a public permission from Miss Sands to discuss personal matters if that's what Moordale's teenagers want. However, ignoring the ringing voices and laughs of their peers, one pair of biology students seemed a bit isolated from rest of their classmates as one them was stuck in his phone, smiling like a happy idiot and shyly biting his lips with his thumb hovering over the keyboard and eyes darting between the letters, thinking of the best way to send the first message of the day.

 However, ignoring the ringing voices and laughs of their peers, one pair of biology students seemed a bit isolated from rest of their classmates as one them was stuck in his phone, smiling like a happy idiot and shyly biting his lips with his thu...

While the other one was sitting lonely behind the desk in the back of the classroom, away from all the noise with her pounding head resting on the palm of her hand and silk brown hair falling down her shoulder, blinking down at the students drawing penises on the blackboard to surprise Mr. Hendricks with her eyes flickering to the dark-haired boy a few rows diagonally ahead of her and heart still aching from seeing him grinning at his phone after typing a message...probably to his 'cockbiter' girlfriend...or maybe he was texting his mother about the school to make her worry less in her state. Around a week ago they had their first proper date and then were doing homework together in his bedroom the very next day, but now he wasn't even looking her way, as though she no longer existed in his world, and it was making Ruby feel even worse – knowing that he doesn't care about her anymore, 'He's not different from other guys after all'.