.One

~Juliette

I run my hand down my face slowly, feeling every tear streak and moisture beneath my fingertips. I'm tired, having not slept in days. His face, his pain, those mercury eyes keep me awake at night, feeding into my depression.

The trial has been postponed since last week, approximately four days, six hours and twenty-eight minutes. But who's counting?

"Juliette Kerson?"

I looked up from the confines of my hands, seeing a petite looking nurse, holding a brown clipboard on her arm. I stood immediately, ignoring my wary legs.

"Yes, that's me," I answer, swallowing. She motioned for me to follow. She lead me down a maze of stark white corridors, all clinical and sterile. It's chilly in here, the air conditioning seeping through my thin cotton shirt.

"His mother has visited. She wanted you to know that you have her full permission to do anything in your power to save him," the nurse informed me quickly once we had made it outside the hospital room.

She means to turn him, into a Skinwalker. But did he realize what the consequences are? This is the first visit I've been able to attend since Jaxon fell into the coma, since I've been held captive for questioning. Once they realized his state was self inflicted, I was let out.

I have deliberated this, and I know what I have to do. I will turn him, knowing his life is too precious to let slip through my fingers.

The nurse pushes the door open, and nervously, I amble in.

Jaxon lay in bed, his arms and legs out stretched. Cords and pipes hung off his body like extra limbs, feeding him his life support through a tiny tube. I wandered closer, my steps matching the beeping of his life support machine.

His skin was pasty, his eyes closed. His hair was scruffy after not being brushed for days...yet he still looked like the man I fell in love with.

I ran my fingers over his cheek. I gasped and retracted my hand, feeling how ice cold his skin is. I feel a stab of emotion in my heart, traveling up to make my throat raw, and my eyes start to water. I did this to him.

And I know there is only one solution...

I softly brush his hair from his face, letting the silky strands run off my fingers.

"I'm not sure you can hear me, but I want you to know that I love you," I murmur gently. He doesn't stir, just remains still. I blink, a tear streaming down my face. I brush it away quickly, before taking his hand in mine.

"I will free you from your coma, I promise," I whisper, running the pad of my thumb over his knuckles. Still no movement, just the feeling of his cold skin beneath mine. I can't stop as I choke, tears forming in my eyes and escaping.

My heart ached for this man, as I leant down, pressing my lips on his damp forehead. Slowly, with trembling fingers I pull the blanket down, revealing his shirtless torso and soft skin. I gaze at his neck, seeing how impeccably flawless and untouched it looked.

I lay soft kisses down his jawline, and down to his neck. I blanch as he shivers, but he's still out cold. I sigh, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry baby," I say, then bury my teeth in his neck.

~Jaxon

I gasp, my hands flying to my neck. An unbearable pain was shooting through my neck, lancing within my veins, causing me to fall to my knees. I'm back in front of the mirror, staring at myself.