.Three

Goodness me, it's late at night, I decided to click on this book....Don't kill me yet!

~Juliette

I blink.

Ace stares at me intently, scrutinising my reaction to the news. Obviously I'm shocked, and want to know everything about his plan. Something sparks in his eyes and I know he's come up with something seemingly dangerous.

"Okay, spill," I prompt. He looks over my shoulder, checking to make sure that someone isn't listening in on our conversation.

"The Alpha of the resistance, my boss bites anyone who becomes part of the resistance as a way of binding us to his power. If Jaxon was able to kill him, he would take over his position," Ace said quickly, his voice a hushed whisper.

Position as what? A leader of some sort of rebel club for a species he hadn't even heard of till recently? Sounds like a plan...

"Then what?" I question. Ace flinched. Then what? He probably didn't have a very suitable answer to that one, like his plan only stretched so far.

"I don't know, we take over his Pack again," he suggested. I could only imagine how happy he would he if he heard this. Getting revenge on Olivia would be something that even I would enjoy to see happen.

"So how do we, you know...Kill this Alpha guy?" I ask, keeping my voice lowered. Ace seemed to ponder this for a moment. I was yet to meet this Alpha, and I could only hope that he wasn't as terrifying as Jaxon was when I first met him.

"It won't be easy...But I think you are going to have to let him bite you," Ace said, cringing at his words as though he already knew what my reaction was going to be. My eyes widened, and my hand instinctively flew to my neck, which landed on Jaxon's mark. Another one? I don't think so...

"Why would I let him mark me? Like Jaxon would let me, even if I wanted to!" I squeaked.

"Quiet would you...It sounds bad, but trust me-"

"Why?"

"Juliette, listen. Do you trust me?"

"Hardly..."

"Because he won't trust you, unless you do this. Without trust, you don't stand a chance against him, and the rest of this Pack, which are under his control," Ace explained. I sighed. Why did he have to make so much sense?

But getting marked again didn't seem like the type of thing I wanted to do. Especially with a man I didn't know. And what would happen if we couldn't kill him, and I was stuck under his power for the rest of my life? I would be completely helpless.

"Okay, I'll do it, I'll meet your Alpha..."

"No."

I sighed, running my hand down my face. Jaxon sat in front of me, arms folded across his bare chest. His pants were on the other side of the room, completely abandoned. He looked quite frightening actually, as he stared at me with those cold, stony eyes.

"It's the only way," I try explain, but he hardly seems interested. It did seem to be the only way that I could get Jaxon back into power, with only one person having to die in the process.

My heart suddenly skipped a beat, as I thought of the consequences. I hadn't met this Alpha yet, and I was already plotting to kill him.

"You were supposed to come back in here, and have sex with me, not go on about getting marked by some other Wolf," Jaxon exclaimed, pouting slightly. I rolled my eyes, chuckling as I pushed my hands against his bare chest playfully.