Chapter 36 - Prayers || Part 1

Like always, Kiara, Pope, JJ, and Elizabeth rode to school together. This time, however, JJ and Elizabeth were sober, walking through the courtyard with their fingers intertwined. The two ignored the looks they were receiving from Pope and Kiara amongst the others in their school. Everyone had known that the two had something going on, but nobody knew that it was official. Well, until now.

"We'll meet you guys around lunch?" Elizabeth asked the boys as they all made their way to their lockers. Kiara and Elizabeth shared a similar morning schedule as did Pope and JJ. The four of them all shared the same afternoon classes.

"For sure," said Pope. "I'm going to do some last minute studying for the history exam."

Elizabeth groaned, "Count me in, I haven't even started to study."

Kiara looked at her, "I thought you said you were going to study last night?"

Elizabeth shrugged her shoulders, "Guess I lost track of time." She didn't have to look towards JJ to know that the boy had been smirking.

"Alright, so we have a lunch study sesh and take the test right after. Sounds like a plan," Kiara agreed. "We'll see you guys around." Elizabeth closed her locker and smiled towards JJ, who had been already looking at her. Pope grabbed the boys' shoulders, pulling him backwards towards their classroom. Elizabeth chuckled as the boy turned around once more, sending her a small wave before laughing at something that Pope had said.

"C'mon, I don't want to be late," said Kie.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes at the girl, "Sure, Pope. Whatever you say." Kiara smiled and shook her head back at the remark. The girls walked down the hall together, engaging in small talk as they entered their classroom.

"So, you lost track of time, huh?" Kiara asked her friend, a knowing look on her face.

Elizabeth chuckled, "What? I didn't lie."

"And what caused you to lose that track of time, Lizzy?" Kiara questioned. "Maybe a certain tall blonde?"

Elizabeth's smile told her everything she needed to know, "I'm not saying anything."

Kiara groaned as she sat in her seat, "C'mon, Liz. You have to tell me everything!"

Elizabeth smiled back, "We have English!"

"English doesn't start for another few minutes, Elizabeth." Kiara eyed her friend.

"Okay, okay. We sorta got into this heated argument and then he may have asked me to be his girlfriend," The way that Elizabeth explained the story caused her to phrase her statement as more of a question.

"You and JJ are dating?" Kiara asked.

"Yeah, yeah. We are," Answered Elizabeth.

"Finally," Kie exasperated. "Pope owes me ten bucks."

Elizabeth rolled her eyes, "You and Pope bet on me and JJ getting together?"

"Correction: we bet on who would ask the other out. I said JJ, Pope said you," Kiara clarified.

"That doesn't make this any better. Glad to see Pope had faith in me growing a pair and expressing my feelings," said Elizabeth, causing Kiara to laugh.

"JJ's a softie. I knew his true feelings were going to come out sooner or later," Kie explained.
"Was it that obvious?" Elizabeth asked.

"Obvious?" Kiara began. "Please, the tension was always there." Elizabeth began to blush. "You just have to be careful."

"Careful?" Elizabeth asked, unsure of what Kiara was getting at.

Kie grimaced, "The whole Steven thing." Elizabeth nodded, almost completely forgetting that Kiara was the only pogue that knew what had occurred between her and Steven in Australia. One of the main reasons that Elizabeth had mentally broken up with him in the first place.